Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Today Marks the First day of Spring Practice

By: Lonny Demaree

As per/usual the emphasis is being put on the quarterback position. Patrick Towles is the reigning starter at that position but as one might expect Drew Barker will be nipping at his heals throughout the spring.

There will be three days of practice early march 7th, 8th, and 9th. And then there is a cooling off period when the player go on spring break. The coaches will have a time to evaluated the film thoroughly to see if there is significant separation between the two quarterback. As is often said by the coaches, what and how good is the play around them.

The coaches can evaluate that too, IE. The offensive line, the tight end, and especially the wide receiver play. How well is the play of Jeff Badet a Achilles problem,the early 2013 season and Thaddeus Snodgrass significant hamstring tear. Dorian Baker had an operstion and will not be in spring practice.

Stoops said that Reese Phillips getting hurt the other day they have to be cognizant of the amount of throws they throw in spring practice. He said he was surprised at the expertise of coach Shannon Dawson throwing the ball. “He kind of surprised me,” Stoops said. “He doesn't look very athletic but he can throw it.” He said they will be okay throwing the ball going every other day and stretched out over a five week period. The coach said - “The reason I did it that is just so we don't have to go back to back days. He said that way they can get really good film and take their time and teach properly.

Patrick Towles

“You got experience,” Towles said when ask about the competition factor. “I would say I've got a step ahead. Towles said that coach (Shannon) Dawson has been really cool with us – the quarterbacks. He said the operation of his offense is a little different but simpiler. He said the schemes are pretty much the same. He said it's nice to have all the receivers they have. He said they've got about twenty-five and two arms. “Jeff Badet can blow the top off of a defense, Towles said, “and Montgomery, he's got savvy and smarts. He wears like a size 3XL glove, bigger than mine.”

There will be a level of experience expected this season that hasn't been available since Mark Stoop has been here; Blake Boone, Garrett Johnson, T. V. Williams, Ryan Timmons, Rashad Cunninigham, Charles Walker, Joey Herrick and Cameron Fogle.

The addition of Andy Buh signals the attention on improving the defense. Stoops' bailiwick as coach is the defense and it logical to the think he is there not pleased with meager improvement on that side of the ball. The player we would start with would be with A. J. Stamps. As we often see, the second year of a junior college player is his second. One would think that given the first six games of his first year he could have a breakout year as a free safety. Around is some quality players that could bolster the secondary.
    Comments 1 Comment
      Darrell KSR -
      Thanks, Lonny.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post