Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• ARTICLE: Cats chilling in Knoxville

By LARRY VAUGHT

Rather than risk travel issues with the expected winter storm, Kentucky’s top-ranked basketball team left Lexington Sunday night for Tuesday night’s game in Knoxville against Tennessee.

Kentucky assistant coach Kenny Payne said coach John Calipari and other UK officials decided Sunday that the “best action to take is to leave before the storm gets in here,” so the team left Sunday night even before classes were cancelled at UK Monday.

“Cal is still in New York (for the NBA All-Star Game), and he will be leaving some time tonight and meet us in Knoxville, Tenn.,” Payne said Sunday night.

He didn’t anticipate the travel change impacting UK.

“No big deal. We will get there. We will practice there tomorrow. Get prepared for a very good team that’s going to play out of their minds. It’s what we face every game,” Payne said.

Payne said it was “way over my head” as to why UK takes a bus to Knoxville rather than flies.

He’s hoping the weather will not impact UK fans planning to be at the game to see the Cats try to improve their record to 26-0.

“We need our fans. That’s a big part of us on the road. Everywhere we have been other than one or two places our fan support has been great,” Payne said.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post