Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Of Rebounding, tunrovers, steals and free throws - how John Calipari's mind works

By: LARRY VAUGHT

Kentucky has dominated the rebounding against numerous teams this year, and figured to do that against Mississippi. Instead, UK won the rebounding only 34-32 in Tuesday's 89-86 overtime win over the Rebels.

So what happened? That's the question I asked John Calipari after the game. Enjoy his answer, which starts with rebounding and then ventures into other areas:

"I don't know. I'll watch. I just thought there were times we didn't block out. We ran in and the ball went wide and I think there were other times that we needed to have some physical contact and we didn't," Calipari said. "There were one-handed rebound attempts, which you don't get any of those in a game like this. You got to go grab it with two hands.

"Our guards, who we need to rebound more, Aaron had four, Andrew had one. Devin had one big one. But we didn't rebound.

Our guards didn't rebound enough. We only had 10 turnovers in a game like this and Willie (Cauley-Stein) had five of them.

"So short of that, we didn't turn it over. We gave ourselves a chance. The greatest thing is, we made plays and even though we missed some free throws, we made the ones we had to make. Trey (Lyles), again, you see guys in these situations, you want to know, are they going to make that basket? That free throw? Are they going to be strong?

"Now the play he made was we ran and trapped them at half court and he rotated up and stole that ball, where Aaron got that basket, which stopped them from beating us and we're now coming at them."
  • KSR Twitter Feed