Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• ESPN's Biancardi on the Harrison twins

By LARRY VAUGHT

Texas twins Andrew and Aaron Harrison will conclude their summer play in the Under Armour Elite 24 at Venice Beach, Calif., on ESPNU Saturday at 7 p.m. and ESPN national recruiting director Paul Biancardi expects both to play well.

“They have both had a fantastic summer,” said Biancardi. “They came into the summer highly ranked, and they have elevated their game as hard as that is to do. They matched their ranking with their play and then elevated their games to where at times they were the most talented players on the floor and most dominating players on the floor.”

The two guards both have Kentucky in their final list of college choices with most considering it a two-team race between UK and Maryland even though the twins also have Villanova and Baylor on their potential list of college choices.

“Andrew has elite size for a point guard. He does a great job penetrating the gaps, getting a piece of the paint and then scoring or finding teammates. He can also make open shots from the 3-point line,” Biancardi said. “Aaron shot lights out this summer. He rebounded the ball well. He proved he could slide over and handle the ball if needed. Both these guys are committed to the defensive end as well. I think they both just really elevated their game this summer.

“That is a great challenge when you are considered a highly ranked player and one of the 10 best players in the country and then match that ranking with your performance and production. That speaks a lot about their mindset and approach and what they have done behind closed doors. They have invested the time to get better and it shows. They did not have a lot of space to go up, but they found a way to be as good or better than advertised.”

Biancardi says any team, including Kentucky, that signs the brothers is going to have upgraded its talent in a major way.

“It would mean quite a big getting two of the top five kids, maybe top 10, for the price of one,” Biancardi said. “You recruit them separately, but they are coming to school together. They should be impact players from the moment they set foot on campus. They are wonderful young men who want to go to school together. Somebody is really going to enhance their roster when they get them.”

The Harrisons are expected to make their college choice this fall, and Biancardi says that likely will touch off commitments by other players.

“The earlier the better players commit, the sooner the domino effect takes place for everybody else. Guys behind the Harrisons (in the rankings) will see where they are going and then decide where they will go. Their decisions could impact a lot of other decisions because some guys might want to come play with them, too,” Biancardi said.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post