Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Bud Dupree, Neal Brown search for answers

By: LARRY VAUGHT

LEXINGTON — Bud Dupree really didn’t know how to explain what happened to Kentucky’s defense in Saturday’s 63-31 loss to Georgia.

“There are a lot of different things we have to fix. We can’t point fingers. We just have to move to the next game,” said Dupree, one of 21 UK seniors honored before the game.

This was Kentucky’s fourth straight game to have a chance to record its sixth win and get bowl eligible, something Dupree desperately wants for this team. Instead, UK fell behind 21-0 and the defense never stopped Georgia from scoring at will.

“We just try and get win No. 6. We have two more games to get that win, go to a bowl game, and have an opportunity to still have a good season by being over .500,” said Dupree, who had just two solo tackles and one assist in the game that saw Georgia run for 305 yards.

He says the need to get bowl eligible has taken a toll on the team.

“It has been weighing down on us, but we have a bye week coming up after the Tennessee game, which will rejuvenate us for the Louisville game, and we will be ready for Tennessee as well,” Dupree said. “We play differently in practice and we execute differently. We just have to keep getting it better and more consistent in the games and get that win.”

Consistency is something that offensive coordinator Neal Brown is searching for also. The Wildcats did not score in the first quarter, got 24 points in the second quarter and then managed just a touchdown late in the fourth period in the second half.

“We struggled to protect, throw and get open,” Brown said. “We are definitely better this year (than last year), but we definitely have not arrived. We are not consistent at anything we do on offense. It’s an easy game if you play disciplined.

“I was embarrassed with the way we played at Missouri (a week earlier) and this week I am embarrassed by the score. But our schedule is tough. We have played some good defenses. It’s not all just us. I am a realist. I know playing young guys there will be some inconsistency. But we just have to play better.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post