Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Mark Stoops Responds to His Contract Extension

By: LONNY DEMAREE

Stoops said he and Mitch Barnhart talked about the contract extension briefly and came to an agreement that this is the right time for the move. "It's been a great working relationship myself and with Dr. Capilouto and with Mitch so I think it does say that we're committed to each other," Stoops said. "It means a lot to me, I've felt great support from the moment that I've been here through right now and by signing this contract and not even thinking twice about it, it says I have the same commitment back. It's a great relationship and I plan on being here for a long time."

Stoops said that if it can help in recruiting and it can help the team that's why he did it now. In his initial press conference when hired he talked about commitment from a lot of people and he said he certainly feels that now. Stoops said - "As I said the commitment is here and I plan to be here a long time. If you know anything about myself, about my family, past history, whether it be my brothers and different people, loyalty is a pretty big thing with us and I certainly feel the loyalty to this program, to the players and all the people that have been involved helping us get to where we're at and where we are going."

Why no buyout? "Never been a big believer in them," Barnhart said. "I've had them from time to time and they always end up in a difficult spot. It's difficult to have the relationship you want to have." The AD said they want people who want to be here and if they don't then they can move on and get with someone they want to be with. He said they have the funds to move ahead with the new football facility that will be complete in the spring of 2016
    Comments 4 Comments
      CatQuick -
      What a class move by Stoops, he could have waited to be courted by several teams at year's end, but he put the program first - again. Great move by UK to lock him up.
      MickintheHam -
      Quote Originally Posted by CatQuick View Post
      What a class move by Stoops, he could have waited to be courted by several teams at year's end, but he put the program first - again. Great move by UK to lock him up.
      I believe all of the Stoops are straight up people. I fully agree with Mitch on not having a buyout. They are way over sold as to their importance. When someone wants to leave they will. Buyouts tend to bleed all over both parties. Having Stoops on the staff goes way beyond his salary. It's a much more dynamic relationship than that.
      dan_bgblue -
      If you know anything about myself, about my family, past history, whether it be my brothers and different people, loyalty is a pretty big thing with us and I certainly feel the loyalty to this program, to the players and all the people that have been involved helping us get to where we're at and where we are going."

Loyalty is a trait that is often overlooked when looking for the right person to fill a position. Coach is a throwback to the days when a man's word was his bond and a handshake sealed a deal that both parties agreed to.

Right place, right time, right coach, and he wants to be At UK and build his own program from the ashes. I am loving every minute of it.
      PedroDaGr8 -
      Some men want to do great things at legendary programs. Others want to do things so great they turn the mediocre into legendary.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post