Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Wildcats to the Ozarks in a Tiger Hunt

By: LONNY DEMAREE

The Kentucky Wildcats travel on the road in search of that elusive sixth win. Though they deny that it has created pressure it evident. Stoops said today - “I feel a sense of urgency. We need to play a complete game. We have not played our beat game yet.” Stoops said that a road win would be another milestone to add to the many things that are occurring in the football program. Ninety-nine and 44-hundred percent, Ivory Soap pure, of the players have not experienced a win on the road.

The game being played in Columbia, Missouri is the day after Halloween in which the mythical Count Dracula assist in the tricks. After he recedes into purgatory perhaps the Cats will role-play Frankenstein and forcefully pick up the treats. D. J. Eliot said they have been stressing fundamentals (tackling). The way they practiced team-sets emphasizes swarming the ball. They want to eliminate the strip of the ball by the first tackler and get the ball carrier on the ground.

There are a few avenues in which the Wildcats can navigate their way to victory and their need to avoid detours.

The Route ---- Patrick Townes needs to duplicate the Mississippi State effort.
    Detour ---- The UK play makers have to make plays around their quarterback. Drops by the receivers can't be and running backs can't put the ball on the ground.

The Route ---- UK has to discover a wild card such as the reclusive tight end. For that to occur Neal Brown said they have to be effective running the football.
    Detour ---- Neal Brown falling in love with the big-play guys and not putting a premium on moving the chains.

The Route ---- Brown said they plan to pair down the running back rotation. He said a running back's effectiveness depends on getting into a rhythm. He said a back is analogist to a three-point shooter on the basketball court. He needs more the two or three shots to get into a groove.
    Detour ---- Again, ball security.

The Route ---- Get a easy score off the special teams for the first time since 2009.
    Detour ---- Deny Missouri's duplication of what they did to the Florida Gators with special teams scores.

There are many more keys to victory but the most important one is getting out to a fast start and for a Wildcat to equalize a Tiger is get the first bite.
    Comments 3 Comments
      jazyd -
      Lonnie,
      You failed to mention the OL must protect Towles and open holes for the a RB's. The DL must fill holes in Mizzou OL, they can't continue to allow 300 yards rushing
      LonnyDemaree -
      Make for too long of an article.
      jazyd -

QUOTE=LonnyDemaree;217923]Make for too long of an article.[/QUOTE]
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post