Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Defense Practice Notes 10/08/14

By: LONNY DEMAREE

D. J. Eliot didn't have much positive to say about his side of the ball in addressing the performance against South Carolina.

* "We didn't play very well in the run game," Eliot said. "Probably our worst performance in the run game. Mainly our linebacker play."

* Eliot said the they need to recognize the play quicker and trigger their play. He said they need to be more physical and fundamental.

* He wasn't all negative because he said - "But we made three critical plays at the end and won the game."

* Ryan Flannigan was slowed by not being in school in the summer. Eliot said they tried to do as much as they could over the phone. But the extra meetings that he couldn't attend was detrimental to his progress. A reference to his size being a factor was pooh poohed by Eliot. Seems this writer remembers the same reference being made about Danny Trevathan.

* A. J. Stamps has unbelievable instincts and continues to make plays. Eliot said he made three huge plays in the game.

* Stamps said that when he watch the film he saw what a lot of people in the stands saw in real time. He acknowledged that if he had stayed outside he would have scored on the interception return.

* Eliot said the cornerbacks played well. "I think our player of the game was Cody Quinn," Eliot said. "Cody didn't give up any deep balls and challenged every play. He covered his guy very well." He said that even in the pass interference he had very tight coverage. Remember Quinn was thrown into the fire as a true freshman.

* Eliot said that University of Lousiana Monroe has a very balanced attack and can come at you in many different ways. He said they can't afford to overlook them because they have won a lot of Dl games in the past. They've already beaten one BCS team this year, Wake Forrest.

* Eliot was asked how Matt Elam is doing? Eliot said - "Matt Elam had one of his better games. He played very physical, he very disruptive, he had great hustle, and he was assignment sound. I'd say Matt Elam is about where I thought he would be at this time.

* Nose guard play wasn't that bad and for the most part Elam and Melvin Lewis played well. Eliot said that most of the runs were off tackle.

* Jimmy Brumbaugh said he was pleased with the play of the nose tackle. Brumbaugh said little by little Elam is getting better each week. He ran a screen down, made a couple tackles, and got his hand up and knocked a pass down.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post