Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Conversation with Stephen Zimmerman today

By LARRY VAUGHT

Las Vegas center Stephen Zimmerman says his in-home visit with Kentucky coach John Calipari “went well” Saturday to set up his future official visit to UK for Big Blue Madness on Oct. 17.

“We all really liked the visit. He’s always nice to us and stuff,” said Zimmerman, who will also take official visit to North Carolina (Oct. 3), Kansas (Oct. 10), UCLA (Oct. 24) and Arizona (Nov. 7). “It was just fun when he was here.”

Calipari and assistant coach Kenny Payne spent about 90 minutes with Zimmerman and his family.

“There were no real surprises. He told us it would be hard if I go there,” Zimmerman said. “It was about what I expected from him. He really didn’t say anything out of the ordinary.”

Zimmeran knows it is “probably a bad thing to say” but acknowledged it was hard for coaches not to basically sound the same on in-home visits.

“But it was relaxing just to have him here and spending time,” Zimmerman said. “But I have said all along that the official visits will be big for me.”

He said Calipari answered most of the questions his family had planned to ask, including a list of questions his mother had planned.

“Every time he brought up something new, she would say, ‘There goes another one of my questions,’” Zimmerman said. “But the coaches cover about everything with you on the visit.”

Calipari did tell Zimmerman that he expected “a lot of them to be gone” when talking about what players might be back at UK next year.

“They do have a deep bench this year and I hope they go far (in the NCAA Tournament),” Zimmerman said.

Zimmerman said the chemistry or feel he gets from his official campus visit is more important to his future college choice than what the roster might me.

“I feel wherever I got that I will be able to prove myself and be able to start off how I play and what I bring,” he said. “But the big thing still is how comfortable I feel on my official visits and how I see myself living somewhere next year. That’s what I am looking for and want to see on my visit.”
    Comments 2 Comments
      kingcat -
      I really like this young man
      LarryVaught1 -
      He is first class
  • KSR Twitter Feed