Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Conversation with Stephen Zimmerman

By LARRY VAUGHT

Las Vegas center Stephen Zimmerman says not to pay attention to what any recruiting analysts, coaches or sources might have to say about his recruitment because no one really knows.

“No one knows anything about it besides my family and I. I say that in all certainty because we honestly haven't leaned toward any school as I'm hoping the visits will help my decision,” Zimmerman said.

The 7-foot center will visit Big Blue Madness on Oct. 17 after going to North Carolina and Kansas the previous two weekends. He’s also set to go to UCLA (Oct. 24) and Arizona (Nov. 7). Hometown UNLV also remains on his list.

“As of now I've tried to build relationships with the coaches and as we've said, we have a real good relationship with the UK staff. And that's about the limit to it right now with every school,” Zimmerman said.

He also said reports that he dropped Louisville were not totally accurate.

“As for Louisville, I didn't drop them. They dropped me, Coach called and said they were gonna go with (Raymond)Spalding as he is a four-year player and I probably won’t be,” Zimmerman said.

Zimmerman is as honest and open as any recruit can possibly be and has consistently refuted rumors linking him to west coast teams over UK as well as other reasons about why he would not fit at UK.

“I like the BBN and I wouldn't want them getting the wrong idea,” he said.

Even better, when Zimmerman tells you something, you don’t have to worry about the story changing.

“I wouldn't say anything in secret that I wouldn't say in public,” Zimmerman said.

Again, wise beyond his year off the court and on the court he’s sensational as his recent summer play showed.
    Comments 4 Comments
      Kacat -
      LOL, UL doesn't even bother to recruit you if you have NBA caliber talent. Thats hilarious right there.
      Rock Hard Ten -
      Cal has personally been very involved in his recruitment…..with the high degree of integrity the Zimmerman's hold themselves to, do we think Cal would be as all in as he seems to be if he was likely not going to be around next year?

Also, I am a fan of getting Zimmerman even though he has slipped a bit in some rankings…..he seems to be a possible 2-3 year guy and would blend well into a bigs rotation of 4-5 players
      Hoss -
      Like this kid more and more all the time!
      Terry Blue -
      Basically UL didn't think they would get him, so they took the hometown kid
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post