Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Practice Notes for 8/26/14

Mark Stoops as well as Neal Brown was upbeat after practice today. They feel they are ready to take the field against people in a different color jersey.

* A relaxed Towles said he has been playing since he was eight-years old and he's learned to approach a game in a more relaxed state.

* Towles said he is very happy to have Javess Blue back because he blows people up with his speed and good hands.

* Neal Brown said the biggest difference in Jojo Kemp now as opposed to last year after the Louisville game in which he hurt his ankle, is after that he had to make two-footed cuts and now and before he can stick his foot in the ground and make a one-footed cut and explode. Brown they had to formulated plays to get him to the outside so he could rely on just his speed.

* Kemp said they have to keep an unbelievable mind set. We want to just go out and play to win.

* Kemp talked about before he goes to sleep at night he visualizes himself making play even when he doesn't have the ball. "I maybe do it too much because sometime I catch myself day-dreaming when I'm in class," a always upbeat Kemp said. I told him about a coach (Jerry Claiborne) that once coached at Kentucky and how he always use to refer to it as psycho-cybernetics.

* The tight ends are slated to play a much larger roll in the offense this season. Tight ends coach Vince Marrow said he has been very pleased with his two tight ends Steven Borden and Ronnie Shields.

* Marrow said he is especially pleased with Borden because he more of a blue collar guy, physical type size with smaller guy speed and big guy strength. He said - "You can put him in the backfield, you can motion him, you can flex him out and yet keep balance in the offense. He said Borden can create mismatch's because is bigger that linebackers and safeties.

* Marrows see Borden as possibly at the next level. He said he's excited that Borden was coming back and his biggest surprise was how Shield has bought in and he's 6-foot-6, 250-pounds.

*Red shirt freshman Kyle Meadows who will be starting because if the Darrian Miller suspension said he came to UK at 250-pounds and is now at 305-pounds.

* Borden said it is easy working with Vince Marrow because the coach has been in the NFL as a player. He knows what he is doing because he has done it. Marrow said Borden wants to cut out his own turf and said - "He could've easily not played and rest on his family laurels.
    Comments 1 Comment
      dan_bgblue -
      Lots of good info Lonny. Happy to hear they got the feet issue with Kemp fixed as he "could" be a mainstay in the backfield if things go well for the offense.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post