Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Ohio CB Beckham wanted to be part of turning UK around

Ohio defensive back Kei Beckham said “pretty much everything” felt right to him at Kentucky, so he decided there was no longer any need to delay his college decision.

The cornerback from Trotwood Madison High School gave his verbal commitment to the Wildcats Saturday night joining an impressive list of 2015 verbal commits.

“Every time I have been there, it has been like family,” said Beckham. “I also wanted to have a chance to be part of a program that was turning around and help build something going forward like what coach (Mark) Stoops is doing at Kentucky. And it’s close to home.”

Beckham says his strengths are “footwork and attacking the football” at all times.

“I like to be aggressive and make a difference on the field. The coaches think I can make a difference for them turning things around, and so do I,” he said.

He knows about winning. His high school has played in four straight state championship games he won a state title as a freshman.

“We have a lot of Division I talent on the team that I practice with and against every day,” he said.

That’s one reason playing in the Southeastern Conference appealed to him so much.

“Coach Stoops has a great defensive background at Florida State with putting guys in the  NFL and he is a great person, too,” Beckham, who said he occasionally runs into UK fans in the Dayton area where he lives, said. “But there is nothing better than competing in the SEC. I am a guy that loves to compete and in the SEC you get to compete and go against the best.

“Guys on the team told me Kentucky is a great place to be and I know some guys from Ohio on the team and they would not lead me wrong. There’s a lot of Ohio guys there and that did impress me.

Beckham said he will contemplate graduating in December so he can enroll early at UK.

“I can’t wait to get there. I love the staff,” he said. “The coaches have not talked to me yet about coming in early, but it is something I would like to do and will talk to my father about it.”
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post