Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Peach Jam Report

Let me start with a standard warning that you might read several reports by several people watching the same games and get totally different reports. These "evaluations" are opinions and opinions only. Different people look for different things based on their experience level and expectations. No one persons opinion is superior to another's so while my evaluation might be different from somebody else's it is by no means meant to devalue any opinion that they have. The reader should take each post for what it says and place their own value on it based on how comfortable you are with the authors previous posts.

Antonio Blakeney- if you saw this kid at the park and were looking for a pick up game, I'm not sure he would be the first kid you would grab. If you didn't and your opponent did, odds are you would be sitting next game! He looks frail but looks can deceive. His shot isn't a classic smooth stoke but the results more than make up. His release point is at the absolute apex of his jump. He can really get up and throw down solid dunk. He isn't a slasher to the basket but has phenomenal range. When he does go to the rim he gets up quick but his game is the perimeter jumper. He can put up points quick, and put up a bunch. Based on who was watching his games, UK is clearly interested

Chiek Diallo-I'm convinced I caught him on a bad game followed by a bad game. I love his energy but he is raw and no way is he a top tier player. Last night he was the third best big man on the floor in the game, behind teammate Thomas Bryant and Michigan State commit Deyonta Davis. No doubt he gets from end to end as well as anybody but offensively he is limited. I was disappointed to say the least

Tyus Battle- I liked him quite a bit. Solid SF, strong build and can mix it up a bit. He lit it up yesterday (6 of 7 and 3 of 4 from long range). I'd like to watch more of him tonight

Stephen Zimmerman - A player I'm not all in on yet. I've seen him play way better than he did today. He isn't raw like Diallo so I don't think his ceilling is were Chiek's is nor does he have the energy but he does have far more range and control of the game. Zimmerman is more rounded and versatile so there are more options.

Harry Giles-it would be amazing to see him on a team that utilized him. He showed all his skills except pass catching because he never had one thrown to him. I'll leave it at that. He is one of those players who always looks in control, where everything is easy and there is no panic or frantic to his game.

Jayson Tatum- Wow is all I can say. This kid can play the 2,3 or 4 and is a legit 6'8". He can shoot with range or use his length on the drive. Has great body control and uses it, especially with his arm extension in the lane. He seems to be the best player I've seen here.

Heading back for the night sessions but like Malik Monk who I've seen several times over the years, and Melvin Frazier. Also impressed with Ben Simmons who I wasn't a fan of. He has stepped up his game more than I expected.
    Comments 63 Comments
      TRUCKERCATFAN -
      Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
      And no disrespect intended but every time I saw him I thought Richard Roundtree and Shaft! Kid has the lambchop-ish sideburns and looks a little like 70's crime fighting TV ladies man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      You Damn Right!
      Hoss -
      Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
      Surprised by the offer. Watched several of his games and would not have expected UK to offer. Big strong kid but not one who gets up and down the floor like Diallo or Zimmerman. More that big solid kid you can't move out of the lane kind of player. Is not "long" or terribly athletic. IMO he seems more big 10 type player, physically

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      You mean like Dakari Johnson?
      KeithKSR -
      I think Cal can adjust what he does to enable a lot of types of talent to succeed. With a kid like Swanigan Cal likely is projecting how he will play as a bit leaner player, much like he did when recruiting Dakari.
  • KSR Twitter Feed