Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• My Peach Jam Report...

Special report from KSR Member "Backagain"

Doc's post on Peach was great and really can't disagree with anything he said. I would just mention of few things that stuck out to me about some of our recruits.

First, Zimmerman and Rabb play together so it is easy to talk about them at the same time. Zimmerman broke his right arm when he was younger and the arm did not heal correctly. As a result, his right arm stays in a bent position at all times. He is able to extend it, but he does not have perfect flexion. I talked to some of the asst coaches and none of them thought this would be a major issue, but it is something to be watched. He has good hands, is a good passer and has a good post game. Zimmerman is not outstanding at anything, but he is good at everything he does. He is a serviceable big, but I would not classify him as a stud recruit.

As for Rabb, my comments may sound harsh, but they are based on what I see. Rabb is a kid who looks like he should be really good. Has good size, good skills and passes the look test. But the kid does not play hard at all. His motor is awful. He does not have a bad attitude, he just looks to be going at 50% all the time. I have not seen Rabb play a lot, but I was not at all impressed with what I saw at Peach. The skill and size are there, but I am not sure the heart and effort are present.

Second, Blankney is a kid who has me puzzled. He plays hard. He wants to shoot and score. His size is a little bit of a concern. He is listed at 185 (If I recall) but I don't think he is a pound over 165. I am not sure if he is a 1 or a 2. His shot is good, but I would not call it pure by any means. How good he can be is yet to be seen, and as a whole I would love to see him at UK. He is not however a player on the same level as a Brandon Knight or even a Harrison twin.

Third, Diallo is an athlete. He is NOT a basketball player YET. Diallo is a quick twitch guy who gets off the floor quickly. He has great length. He rebounds well. He is not a polished offensive player at all. I like the potential of Diallo, but I would love to see him play a year behind a guy like Lyles or Towns. It would allow him to mature.

Fourth, Harry Giles is still trying to return to form. He wears a large knee brace and I think he is still adjusting to playing with the knee. A little thin, but a legit 6 9. He runs great. He rebounds and scores it well. I think once he truly gets over the knee issue, this kid will be a very special player. The key for him will be to work on his floor game and build upper body strength. The Carolina schools are ALL over this kid.

The best players I saw at Peach were not in the 2015 class. The best players are in the 2016 class. They are Taytum and Monk. Monk is a freak. A quick guard who has a one gear, FAST. He scores, scores and scores. He can jump to the moon and loves to play. He is the most electric kid in any class. He may be the best college player out there. Taytum is not as flashy, but he may be the best pro player down the road. His on court demeanor is like Allan Houston. He is silky smooth. He is tall and has length, but he just does whatever he wants on the court. He can play 4 positions, I truly believe that. His turn around jumper off the low block is unstoppable. Some compare him to Michael Carter Williams. I agree, except I think Taytum is better. He can play the point. He can shoot from distance. He passes and sees the floor well. He gets wherever he wants to on the floor. Bottom line, I love this kid!

Not sure if all this helps. There are other kids that I could mention, but I am tired to typing.

Later....
    Comments 18 Comments
      KeithKSR -
      This class is beginning to sound a lot like the 2012 class.
      blueboss -
      What was your thoughts on our new offer Swanigan ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      UKFlounder -
      That definitely helps

Thanks for puttign that together
      Philly Cat -
      Great report, BA-- thanks!
      Bakert -
      Talking about Monk, BA wrote: "He may be the best college player out there."

That is high praise indeed!!! I'm guessing you meant HS? Or did you mean in your opinion he ultimately will be the best college player?
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by backagain View Post

Not sure if all this helps. There are other kids that I could mention, but I am tired to typing.

Later....
      Definitely helps, and great report, BA. Fantastic stuff from you guys. Thanks for taking the time to do that.
      backagain -
      Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
      Talking about Monk, BA wrote: "He may be the best college player out there."

That is high praise indeed!!! I'm guessing you meant HS? Or did you mean in your opinion he ultimately will be the best college player?
      I need to clarify that statement. I think Monk is the best college prospect. However, I think because of his size and skill level I like Taytum better as a pro.

Later...
      backagain -
      Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
      What was your thoughts on our new offer Swanigan ?

Swanigan is good. He is big. He is fairly athletic. I would like him better in 2016 than 2015. He is a post player and that is all he will ever be,

Later...
      backagain -
      One last comment. I do not think there are many superstars in the 2015 class. I truly believe the reason Cal has offered so many is simply because when it comes to talent level, one is about as good as another. I have not seen Brown or Bragg play, but unless there are much better than I have heard, I am guessing this class is almost devoid of superstar, sure fire NBA one and done guys.

Later...
      dan_bgblue -
      Great observations BA. Thanks very much for taking the time to share your thoughts
      Doc -
      Later....
      Can't disagree with anything posted. Liked Blakeney better than you apparently but no biggie there. I'd also say we agree on bigs. Nothing outstanding in the class. Fully agree on Diallo. Not a ball player yet. Athlete? Yes but not polished at all. I think the kid can be a great player but right now he has a ways to go. He has the tools but that's it.

For me, I liked Tatum more than Monk. I saw Jayson just killing it at all facets of the game and he is so smooth. I also like Tyus Battle quite a bit so that 2016 class is loaded at the SG spot and UK has offered all 3. I'd be happy with any or all three. I don't know that I have a preference either. I think you can make 2 of the 3 work as Tatum and Battle can realistically play either win spot while Monk could play the 2 or a lead guard. Lots of options there. As for Giles, I can't see him leaving North Carolina. Of course the same could be said about getting Tatum and Monk out of the midwest (Kansas and Arkansas respectively).
      kingcat -
      Good stuff.
      Rock Hard Ten -
      Thanks BA….and thanks Doc for the reinforcement….between the reports from the 2 of you, one feels quite informed on the headliners of the next 2 classes
      backagain -
      Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
      Can't disagree with anything posted. Liked Blakeney better than you apparently but no biggie there. I'd also say we agree on bigs. Nothing outstanding in the class. Fully agree on Diallo. Not a ball player yet. Athlete? Yes but not polished at all. I think the kid can be a great player but right now he has a ways to go. He has the tools but that's it.

For me, I liked Tatum more than Monk. I saw Jayson just killing it at all facets of the game and he is so smooth. I also like Tyus Battle quite a bit so that 2016 class is loaded at the SG spot and UK has offered all 3. I'd be happy with any or all three. I don't know that I have a preference either. I think you can make 2 of the 3 work as Tatum and Battle can realistically play either win spot while Monk could play the 2 or a lead guard. Lots of options there. As for Giles, I can't see him leaving North Carolina. Of course the same could be said about getting Tatum and Monk out of the midwest (Kansas and Arkansas respectively).
      Doc, I think you and I are singing the same song on these kids. Tatum was my favorite player as well. Monk is just so fun to watch. I did not mention Tyus Battle in my post. He is another impressive guard. Had a great week. He is a good shooter and really does a great job getting to the rim.

I think Doc and I are in agreement with evaluations of these guys. Does not mean they wont all turn out to be great players, but I do not think this is a great class from top to bottom.

Later...
      KeithKSR -
      Doc, I think you and I are singing the same song on these kids. Tatum was my favorite player as well. Monk is just so fun to watch. I did not mention Tyus Battle in my post. He is another impressive guard. Had a great week. He is a good shooter and really does a great job getting to the rim.

I think Doc and I are in agreement with evaluations of these guys. Does not mean they wont all turn out to be great players, but I do not think this is a great class from top to bottom.

Later...
      Battle seemed to shoot it from range effortlessly.
      blueboss -
      Good stuff! Thanks BA

Krank -
      Really enjoyed reading both yours and Doc's reports. Thanks!
      Doc -
      . I did not mention Tyus Battle in my post...
      One of the things I enjoy about these things is seeing players who you don't comment on then low and behold the become targets, see Calib Swanigan, or young player who end up at UK.

• KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post