Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kevin Sumlin on the clock

Comments 5 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      Kevin Sumlin, asked about Manziel: "Is this the SEC Media Days? That's a great question about the Cleveland Browns."
      Darrell KSR -
      Sumlin has swag.

When asked if he was surprised about his ability to be the # 1 recruiter in the state over Texas, he deadpanned, "If I was surprised, I wouldn't have taken the job."
      Darrell KSR -
      The confidence this guy has is through the roof. He has really grown in that area, even from last year to this year.

Funny question -- somebody asked him a question about coaching in the league, and prefaced it by saying that Steve Spurrier said he was an outstanding coach, and he really admired his negotiation skills (making reference to Sumlin's renegotiated stellar contract).

Sumlin looked at him, and said, you realize the question you asked had nothing to do with the comment, right? This is my 3rd year here. You're not going to get me with that. Then said that's what the media does, "stirs the pot" with questions like that.

Had to be here to feel it, but it was a pretty stellar moment. Really loved the way he cut through the preface to the question to eliminate the BS, and put the guy in his place. Not mad, not angry, just an observation, and sort of, "I'm smarter than you" mentality--and he clearly is.

Very nice job from Kevin Sumlin today.
      tpenrod -
      Living in houston I've seen a lot of him and come away impressed as well. But there are question marks. Mainly he's had two QBs as a HC, case keenum and Johnny football. Both All Americans. One of the years keenum got hurt and UofH absolutely tanked. Knowing how important QB is, I'll be interested in seeing how sumlin does without a heisman finalist under center.
      Jimcats -
      As one old coach said, "Great players make great coaches" and Sumlin is no different.

Stoops fully realizes this to be true....and promises nothing until he has another year to try to get the great players. However, his only chance to get the best RB in the country depends on winning and being highly competitive in the SEC THIS year. Many seem to think that Harris would stay home with UK if he sees a team that can win and would support him well. IMO, Harris may well be the key to big time success for UK in the short term. Losing him would make the trip up the ladder much tougher.

Coach, let's not be afraid to talk winning NOW! Make the players you have know you believe. You only say, repeatedly, that our QBs will be better. And, less emphatically, that the team will be better. Heck, tell the world that these guys have worked hard in the off season and you all expect to do much better this season.

Let's get positive here, folks. Build some confidence. You know.....if you build it they will come (to play).
  • KSR Twitter Feed