Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Stephen Garcia back in the SEC

By: LARRY VAUGHT

When he was the quarterback at South Carolina, Stephen Garcis sometimes infuriated coach Steve Spurrier with his off-field antics and on-field decision making.

Now Garcia is back at SEC Media Day working with the SEC blog Saturday Down South.

“I saw him on TV last night,” Spurrier said. “He was interviewed by our local TV celebrity in Columbia there. He got his long hair back. I said it looked like he had joined Duck Dynasty instead of the media. They assured me he's with the media now.

“Stephen is a good guy. We had no problems with Stephen when he was with the team, practicing, the games. All of his issues when he got off the field, around campus, whatever, he had some issues there. Unfortunate, but... That game against Alabama, he completed 17 out of 20, a 35‑21 game when they came in number one in the country, was still a game they still talk about there in Columbia. He had the game of his life.

“He did a lot of good there. We're going to wish him the best. Maybe he's going to have a career in media, I don't know. You know, maybe he's going to keep playing arena ball. I thought he would be real good in the arena ball. Hopefully he'll keep doing that a bit.”
    Comments 2 Comments
      MickintheHam -
      Funny story from Garcia today. He said in 2009 he was warming up before the game with Alabama in t-town. Only a few of the fans had arrived mostly the fans in the fraternity seating in Bryant Denny. He said as he was throwing passes to his backup a guy in a sport coat and bow tie yelled down to him, "Hey, Garcia why don't you go back to Mexico?" Without missing a beat he turned to the guy and yelled, " 'cause I am from Cuba!". The guy was dumbfounded and the catcalls stopped. Garcia admits to being headstrong in his playing days and wishes he had done more listening to Spurrier. He said that he and the visor got into a few shouting matches, all of which he regrets.
      millsforthree -
      Garcia might have been the worst qb SOS has fielded in the last 10 years. I'm going to miss watching Shaw, I think he was the most underrated guy in the conference last year
  • KSR Twitter Feed