Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• How does Damien Harris handle being No. 1 RB?

By: LARRY VAUGHT

How does Damien Harris of Madison Southern handle the pressure/attention that goes with being rated as the No. 1 running back nationally in the 2015 recruiting class?

"I like to thank God every day for the opportunity I am blessed with. It is an honor and blessing to be in position I am in," said Harris.

That's amazing perspective and honesty from a high school junior who has coaches from coast to coast recruiting him. Not only does he has special size, power and moves on the football field, but he obviously has a special insight off the field to appreciate the opportunities ahead of him.

He admits he will "read" the rankings and knows it is an "accomplishment" to be so highly rated.

"But at the same time I am not satisfied. There is always room for improvement. I don’t let it go to my head," Harris said. "I don’t get caught up in the media saying, ‘He’s the No. 1 running back and has this many stars (in the recruiting rankings.’

"I don’t get into all that because at the end of the day, I can always improve and get better and there is always somebody better than me that I have to catch up to. I don’t get caught up in the limelight. I don’t think of myself as better than anybody else. I am just a kid that loves to play football."
    Comments 4 Comments
      truecatsfan -
      Harris seems to have the right mind frame to be a star.
      millsforthree -
      Adding Harris to the class would highlight what the new coaching staff is doing. However, it is going to be a battle, as much as Elam was--Harris' battle will be even more heated. Skill positions are sexy in football, and Harris is going to be number one on many major teams board. Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama and Florida are there, and many more. This staff has shown they can mix it up with the best of them, and it's going to take every bit of it. The RB position is pretty set for the next few years, and if there is a position on the football field the Cats have SEC talent in---its the backfield. Football in the SEC is won in the trenches and Stoops and crew have done as good a job recruiting offensive and defensive linemen as any coaching staff in the past. Stoops and co. already have 2 OL on board, and with 7 Jr./Sr. on the o line I suspect them to try and add a few more. It's great to be at a point where recruits like this are icing on the cake with the depth we have.
      Rock Hard Ten -
      My theory on running backs is…..as long as they demonstrate they can get'r done, it is best for them not to be having 30 carries per game……the shelf life of running backs is so short….it is best for them to hit the NFL not all dinged up

If he has the total package, he will be a high pick without being the only carrier
      dan_bgblue -
      Sure seems like a humble young man, especially with all the accolades being thrown his way. Good luck to the staff in convincing him UK is the place to be.
  • KSR Twitter Feed