Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Patrick Towles training in California

Towles has been training in California with quarterback guru George Whitfield. These photos are from Patrick's dad, Terry, given to Larry Vaught.

Comments 21 Comments
      Darrell KSR -

Darrell KSR -
      The picture with the 3 QB's is Patrick, Worley from Tennessee and I think the other player is Webb from Texas Tech.

suncat05 -
      Thanks for sharing. Interesting stuff. And looking forward to this paying dividends moving forward.
      ETWNAPPEL -
      I like that he is doing everything he possibly can. Should pay off.
      MickintheHam -
      Quote Originally Posted by ETWNAPPEL View Post
      I like that he is doing everything he possibly can. Should pay off.
      Should have done it sooner. I guess we could all say that at some point.
      catmanjack -
      Glad he is doing everything and also agree he should have done it sooner, Could have been a come to Jesus meeting with Stoops and that's where the modivation comes from.
      I honestly never thought he would be the starting QB at UK.
      CatQuick -
      Have to pull for him after the work he has put in over the past year. Looking forward to the air raid sirens in the Fall.
      MickintheHam -
      Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
      Glad he is doing everything and also agree he should have done it sooner, Could have been a come to Jesus meeting with Stoops and that's where the modivation comes from.
      I honestly never thought he would be the starting QB at UK.
      Count me in with you. The good news is he seems to be working on all of his weaknesses. Hopefully, someone will get him to stop throwing back over to the left sideline when he rolls to the right. That is an instant pic 6 in the SEC. I may regret saying this but it seems he has collected a few of the Hefty Lefty's bad habits.
      BigBlue92 -
      Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
      Glad he is doing everything and also agree he should have done it sooner, Could have been a come to Jesus meeting with Stoops and that's where the modivation comes from. I honestly never thought he would be the starting QB at UK.
      I don't think so at all. I don't really KNOW, per se, but some may remember I have a friend very close to the Towles family. Pat was never down and never really considered leaving. He always worked hard, and though was somewhat discouraged never wavered about being a Cat and competing.

I kept posting not to sleep on Pat or give up on him, because he was always working and doing the right things. He just needed time to figure it out. It made me a fan, and I continue to root for him to be the right guy to lead this team. Whether he is or not, it looks like his work is paying off.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue92 View Post

I don't think so at all. I don't really KNOW, per se, but some may remember I have a friend very close to the Towles family. Pat was never down and never really considered leaving. He always worked hard, and though was somewhat discouraged never wavered about being a Cat and competing.

I kept posting not to sleep on Pat or give up on him, because he was always working and doing the right things. He just needed time to figure it out. It made me a fan, and I continue to root for him to be the right guy to lead this team. Whether he is or not, it looks like his work is paying off.
      Regardless of how things work out, you love to hear things like this. Thanks, BB92.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forum Runner
      CGWildcat -
      Isn't Whitfield based in San Francisco?
      LakeCat -
      Just curious, but I assume Pat's family picks up the tab for this camp. I am sure it isn't cheap.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by LakeCat View Post
      Just curious, but I assume Pat's family picks up the tab for this camp. I am sure it isn't cheap.
      That's my understanding.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forum Runner
      LarryVaught1 -
      Yes, no funding from UK on this
      Rock Hard Ten -
      Hall of Fame grandfather may be helping with $$$
      MickintheHam -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rock Hard Ten View Post
      Hall of Fame grandfather may be helping with $$$
      I believe he made more as a US Senator.
      suncat05 -
      Bunning? Was a pitcher for the New York Yankees?
      Terry Blue -
      Jim Bunning pitched for the Phillies and Tigers. He pitched no hitters in each league. I was a kid during his era and he really was a great side arming pitcher, pitching for mostly poor teams
      suncat05 -
      Okay, now that you mentioned the Phillies, I kind of remember him being there. I don't know why the Yankees came to mind? And I do remember him being the U.S. Senator from Kentucky, but that must have been a long, long time ago.
      Terry Blue -
      He was a Ky Senator until just a few yrs ago. Think Rand Paul took his place when he retired
  • KSR Twitter Feed