Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• How tough is UK commit Luke Hiers?

Recent Kentucky football commit Luke Hiers certainly seems to have the qualities that would make teammates want him anchoring the offensive line at center.

The Florida product is a bit different. He’s holding a yellow tail snapper in his Twitter photo.

“Fishing is a big hobby. That’s from the Keys. Me and may family go there all the time to fish,” he said.

Hiers also said Kentucky coaches “did sell fishing” to him as something he would enjoy in Kentucky.

He was on WLAP Sunday Morning Sports with Mark Buerger, former UK football player Anthony and myself lask week to talk about his commitment when White told him about playing with a center from Florida at UK who once wrestled alligators.

Has Hiers done that?

“I have not done it, but I have wanted to,” Hiers said.

Wanted to wrestle an alligator? That’s the kind of toughness and fearlessness that UK line coach John Schlarman has to love — and maybe worry about at the same time.
    Comments 5 Comments
      millsforthree -
      Gotta be tough, to call out those coverages to the qb, and handle the ball. A good OL is built around a good center, and I think UK is getting a good one.
      Darrell KSR -
      He sounds like a good one.
      Padukacat -
      There will be plenty of Gators to wrestle in his years at KY, I hope he takes em all.
      LarryVaught1 -
      Guessing he would love to snag those Gators, too
      Doc -
      Not as tough as Niklas Hjalmarsson. Not even chuck Norris is as tough as Hjalmarssom

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#sectio.../p2p-80120735/
  • KSR Twitter Feed