Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• UK commit Stump feels good about TE C.J. Conrad

By: LARRY VAUGHT

Ohio tight end C.J. Conrad, who is ranked among the nation's top 10 tight ends as well as the top 10 prospects in Ohio, will make his college decision Friday on his birthday.

Another Ohio player who has already verbally committed to be part of UK's 2015 recruiting class is receiver Alex Stump. He knows Conrad and has a good feeling about what the decision might be.

"He is a pretty good friend," said Stump. "I live in Avon, and he probably lives a half an hour or so away. I know him through basketball when he was younger. I have gotten close to him through this recruiting process recently.

"I have talked to him a little bit. I think it probably has a good feel for Kentucky, but who knows for sure. I think he kind of wants to keep it unknown. But it would be great to get him. He is very, very good. He's on Twitter and stuff, so he would be good for talking to other recruits, too. But at least we will all know Friday.

Kentucky is going to lack depth at tight end in 2014 even when another Ohio product, Darryl Long, arrives on campus in June to go with Steven Borden and Ronnie Shields.

The 6-4 Conrad has offers from Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Syracuse, Duke, Wake Forest ,Pittsburgh, Bowing Green and others.
    Comments 7 Comments
      Terry Blue -
      If he choose IU it would be as big or bigger shock than when OL Brady Taylor chose Va.Tech or us last year. Of course later when Ohio State came calling he reneged on his pledge to the Hokies
      dan_bgblue -
      I am a bit surprised that his list of offers do not include any top flight schools.
      Terry Blue -
      Who CJ Conrad? He has several other BCS offers
      Terry Blue -
      If you're talking about Alex, he was flying under the radar not even ranked yet by most of the major services till he won Offensive MVP award at a big rivals camp in Columbus. Now he's a 4 star on 247sports and the highest 3 star on rivals. He will probably be getting other big time offers now
      jazyd -
      For a top ten TE, I am surprised like Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
      I am a bit surprised that his list of offers do not include any top flight schools.
      Kacat -
      I think he will have more offers in time but he hasn't been to a lot of camps and likely won't since he is ending his recruitment on Friday. But Ark, UL, Pitt and Va Tech all offered.
      anderwt -
      Another kid who we have no shot at if the joker was here..stoops and crew are killing it...gotta win some games this year to keep this momentum
  • KSR Twitter Feed