Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Focus is on the Offensive Line

By: LONNY DEMAREE

As in any good football team it all starts in the offensive line. A lot is customarily said especially about the quarterbacks and the rest of the skill positions on the offense. But they cannot function at peak efficiency if the defense is all over them. So where are the Wildcats in the development of the that crucial unit.

"We are better up front," Neal brown said. "Our first five I feel good about. We need Zach West to keep coming," Neal Brown said. (Jon) Toth needs to keep coming - Ramsey Meyers and Cole Mosier as well. In September I think these guys will be ready. I like their chemistry - they are on the same page. They are doing a better job of getting movement and they are on the same page protection-wise. He said the next four or five months to get ready but I feel good about those guys."

Offensive line coach John Schlarman said they moved Tevin Eatmon (-Nared) out to tackle and he's had a good spring out there. Schlarman said - "I feel like the two's are coming along. We just need them to push the one's more. When their number is called they need to go in there and execute like the guy they are replacing."

Schlarman had some special praise for right tackle Jordan Swindle. "Jordan's had a great off season. He's showing good leadership, work ethic, and spends a lot of time watching film. He is what Coach (Stoops) talks about all the time - "being all in." Schlarman talked about the daily battles Swindle and Bud Dupree have. He said Swindle is winning his share of the battles. "Sometime his aggressiveness gets him in trouble and you have to dial him back."

Last season Neal Brown often made no bones abut the lack of strength up the middle on the offensive line. Perhaps that can be developed into a strength this season. And if so the offense can operate with greater proficiency and Neal Brown can run his high tempo offense.
    Comments 3 Comments
      dan_bgblue -
      Thanks for the info. Offense starts with the big uglies and I hope to see better play from them this season
      Darrell KSR -
      Good summary, Lonny.
      Kacat -
      I still think there are some all SEC players in the group before they graduate.
  • KSR Twitter Feed