Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Josh Clemons With Nose out in front has the Keeneland Spirit

By: LONNY DEMAREE

Trying to pick winner out of this field out Stakes horses is akin to a Miss America contest. A lot of the contestants look good but what give the one the edge over the rest of the field is tough. Mark Stoops has said that the running back spot along with the defensive line is the deepest on the team. Invariably to get through a SEC schedule several backs are usually required. But the natural inclination for any high caliber athlete is to be the first one onto the football filed when the game begins.

In addition to getting several mentions by the coaches so far this spring and other important attributes Josh Clemons has his nose in front of the field. And as we have previously mentioned this field is as loaded as any time since the mid- eighties. Clemons is the epitome of perseverance, sticktoitiveness, toughness, and pain tolerance. Clemons had what is considered to be a unusual meniscus tear that had to be sewed together and rehabbed. In the midst of a good fall practice last fall he suffered a achilles heel tear. What he has brought to the table when he is healthy has been impressive and by all accounts he is still on track to be a key contributor in the offense.

Linebacker Khalid Henderson who is expected to make a lot of tackles this season in the SEC said of Clemons - "He is the hardest back to bring down. He is a big back (5-foot-10, 216-pounds) and has speed."

Running back Jojo Kemp said Clemons is a talented back - he runs hard and he's fun to compete against. He is a man-child. In addition to Kemp the position has Mikel Horton, Braylon Heard, and Demetroius Davis
    Comments 2 Comments
      dan_bgblue -
      I know we all hope Clemons can stay healthy. I have thought for a couple of years that he can be a game changer when his wheels will support the effort
      Darrell KSR -
      Thanks, Lonny. I missed this earlier.

via mobile app
  • KSR Twitter Feed