Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Practice Notes 4/9/14

By: LONNY DEMAREE

Stoop was reasonably happy with the practice today the thing that's constant on everyone's mind. We asked Stoops if any separation with the quarterbacks is being seen on the practice field and he very poignant expression, with a slight pause said -"No." The information glean from whatever sources and from the coaches and players it appears to be another tough decision for the coaches.

* Stoops said Jalen Whitlow had a good day. "He did a good job moving them and running the first team," The coach said. From someone that's catching balls from all four, Jeff Badet said - "All of the quarterbacks are doing a good job. At points I don't know who's behind the center. They're all doing a really good job." The question at this point is how long will the decision drag out this year. Neal Brown said the quarterbacks have all improved but not much separation has taken place.

* Along with the wide receiver position that was considerably weak last season one other of the very key position, punt returner, was virtually non-productive. Much like a wide receiver Neal Brown coached at Troy University Jerrel Jernigan the coach compares Ryan Timmons, potentially. Jernigan is in the NFL a two year player with the New York Giants.

* Stoops alluded to Timmons being used in the return game. "I would like to get Ryan back there (returning punts back") if he can get comfortable back there."

"It's been good," Timmons said. "I'm getting off blocks better and I've gotten a lot stronger. I more healthy now and my body is stronger" Timmons wasn't able to lift weights last off season because it was about this time last year that he has shoulder surgery. As to the punt returner position Timmons appeared more ready to take on the awesome responsibility. Timmons said - "It's tough because in high school they didn't kick the ball as high. We need playmakers on the team to get closer to the end zone and put points on the board. That's one of the areas we had trouble last season. So I'm ready if the coaches want me back there."
    Comments 3 Comments
      MickintheHam -
      Thanks Lonnie. We always appreciate the updates.
      dan_bgblue -
      Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
      Thanks Lonnie. We always appreciate the updates.
      Double Ditto. I am really hoping one of the QBs will break out soon.
      Terry Blue -
      Doubt any decision on QBS is made till after fall practice starts and I hope that's the case. Too much can happen both positive and negative in the summer. Unless Whitlow is miles ahead you have to give everyone the chance to improve over the summer, just think how much they've improved over the winter. I've followed this stuff closely and often in Major BCS programs a starter isn't named till week before the first game and sometimes the day before. The main thing is once a starter is named be sure of the pick and stay with him
  • KSR Twitter Feed