Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Bo Ryan says Harrison twins are "primed right now"

By: LARRY VAUGHT

Wisconsin coach Bo Ryan says he doesn't do scouting reports on opponents, but he already knows about Andrew and Aaron Harrison. It was Aaron Harrison who hit the game-winning shot against Michigan Sunday.

"Needless to say, they're pretty talented or Kentucky wouldn't be playing in the semifinals. They're not young anymore. They're pretty well‑established. Very talented. Physically they were more mature than most freshmen to begin with. They're primed right now," he said. "I still have a lot more film to look at, along with my assistant coach that has them. But we know we're going to have our hands full with the twins, that's for sure."

He also knows post play, where UK won't have injured Willie Cauley-Stein to defend Kaminsky, could be huge.

"We know we have a couple guys that can score around the basket, but we also know there's defenders out there that can do a pretty good job of stopping them," Ryan said. "It will be that give‑and‑take for the 40 minutes of what can you get out of the post, what are you going to give up at the other end in the post. Kentucky obviously has plenty of post presence.

"The question will always be, How many touches, how many offensive opportunities on second‑chance points will each team get? It will definitely be a battle 10 feet and in, that's for sure."
    Comments 10 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      Thanks, Larry--good stuff.
      dan_bgblue -
      Coach Ryan is a good one, and I appreciate you sharing his thoughts
      bigsky -
      Not impressed with ryans's "our kids are here for an education not just basketball" taunt today.

I suggest we kick his snooty attitude back to Madison.
      dan_bgblue -
      I missed that one bigsky. He just joined 99.9% of the other coaches in the nation with that thought
      ETWNAPPEL -
      Sounds like an arrogant old man to me. Doesn't scout? I liked Jeff Drummond's comment that said the only thing left for Ryan to do was end his press conference with "get off my lawn".
      Krank -
      Quote Originally Posted by ETWNAPPEL View Post
      Sounds like an arrogant old man to me. Doesn't scout? I liked Jeff Drummond's comment that said the only thing left for Ryan to do was end his press conference with "get off my lawn".
      LOL, that is soooooo Bo Ryan. Dude would scowl at Mother Teresa for blessing him the "wrong way".

"Doesn't scout".... but somehow tells Larry that he has more film to look at on UK. Is that suddenly "not scouting"??? I suppose his morally superior intellectual integrity is somehow blocked as to the definition of direct dishonesty. I wanna beat this putz more than maybe even Pitino (I know, I know, Krank is off his rocker... again... as if that isn't ALWAYS the case, right?)
      bigsky -
      We will not like him during the game, either. Like "Bad Cal" he is in a constant state of riding refs in feigned mouth open incredulity.
      Philly Cat -
      I stumbled across that press conference on the Big 10 cable network last night. He's really something. He's milking (no Wisconsin pun intended) this whole Midwestern, corn-fed Hoosiers thing to the hilt. To hear him tell it, his guys don't even learn to dribble until sophomore year, so he just doesn't understand how you can succeed in only one year of college.

He then went on and on, in a Crazy Uncle kind of way, about an assistant coach who (gasp!) really focuses on nutrition for the players and what an innovation that is. And the salmon he gets sure is tasty. I don't know where he gets that salmon. It's really good salmon. [I mean, it was a LENGTHY discourse on the assistant coach's skills at procuring seafood.]

I'm not saying Wisconsin will not win on Saturday, but if they do, it will not be because of Bo Ryan's coherence.
      bigsky -
      Funny stuff, Philly.
      Rock Hard Ten -
      Guys and Gals, this is a tough week for me, being a native cheesehead…..first of all, be assured there is a contingent of BBN Mafia residing in Wisconsin

Over the years I have been an admirer of Bo Ryan and his accomplishments……his winning % is likely near the top of coaches and i believe he has over 700 W's

I was not aware of his arrogance until now…..his statements and Krank's reciting anecdotes (I love Krank - plain unvarnished call it what it is)…..I hope our guys put a 20 point pasting on them…..what galls me about the Wisconsin smack talkers is…..this is their 2nd FF in the last 50 years…….they have no respect for our program…..I did not see any of this type of arrogance and disrespect coming from the Wichita State folks…..even Pitino is wise enough to do his smack talking behind closed doors……Saturday evening cannot get here soon enough

UW has a good team….lowest turnovers in the nation, I think…..great 3-point scorers…..and, Dekker is a Jeff Sheppard/Rex Chapman with athleticism and can "ball"…..Kaminsky has come out of nowhere….it won't be easy, but I sure hope we blister them
  • KSR Twitter Feed