Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Few SEC tourney tidbits

1. Aaron Harrison says ankle is fine. Said he stepped on someone but no problems.

2. Randle said the emotion we saw from Poythress when he came to midcourt to chest bump Randle was "not out of character at all for him because he gets so hyped" when he is with teammates.

3. Poythress said all the recent criticism of team was never even really discussed by Calipari.

4. Cal was limping a bit again after the game as he left the arena.

5. Most smiles I have seen all year from UK in locker room.

6. Several players talked about the "stress" they had felt all year.

7. IMPressive that signee Devin Booker made the trip here to watch Cats.

8. Continued to be impressed by Dakari's leadership. He never quits talking, communicating.

9. One UK coach told me he "fully" believes the team has finally turned the corner
    Comments 27 Comments
      kingcat -
      Quote Originally Posted by LarryVaught1 View Post
      1. Aaron Harrison says ankle is fine. Said he stepped on someone but no problems.

2. Randle said the emotion we saw from Poythress when he came to midcourt to chest bump Randle was "not out of character at all for him because he gets so hyped" when he is with teammates.

3. Poythress said all the recent criticism of team was never even really discussed by Calipari.

4. Cal was limping a bit again after the game as he left the arena.

5. Most smiles I have seen all year from UK in locker room.

8. Continued to be impressed by Dakari's leadership. He never quits talking, communicating.

9. One UK coach told me he "fully" believes the team has finally turned the corner
      That's (#9) a huge and very positive statement considering.

Thanks so much Larry. My eyes on the tourney
      UKHistory -
      Great stuff. Hope so Larry regarding #9. #9 was that symbolic of you? Oh you writer you. Well I hope that we see keep going past that corner and not turn around if true.
      StuBleedsBlue2 -
      I love Dakari. Unfortunately, it's a growing feeling to me that we're seeing his last days in a UK uniform.
      Genuine Realist -
      Larry,

I remain interested in NBA gossip, hopefulluy the negative kind. It WAS a good game, but this parade of freshman has got to stop.
      KeithKSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
      I love Dakari. Unfortunately, it's a growing feeling to me that we're seeing his last days in a UK uniform.
      He'll be back next season. Johnson puts a lot of stock in what Kevin Boyle recommends.

When asked if he thought Johnson should stay for another year or more at Kentucky, Boyle’s answer was definitive.

“Absolutely,” said Boyle, who coached Johnson at both Montverde (Fla.) Academy and at Elizabeth (N.J.) St. Patrick. “Dakari’s a great kid, very good player. He’s going to be in the NBA one day, but he definitely needs to stay and get a year or two more to keep developing his skills, which will help him get to the league. You can’t go to the league if you’re not ready.”

One veteran NBA scout concurred.

“Johnson should stay without a doubt,” he told SNY.tv. “Not an NBA guy right now. He would languish on an NBA bench for three years before playing meaningful minutes if he came out this year.”
      . http://zagsblog.com/articles/boyle-d...y-at-kentucky/
      StuBleedsBlue2 -
      Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
      He'll be back next season. Johnson puts a lot of stock in what Kevin Boyle recommends.

. http://zagsblog.com/articles/boyle-d...y-at-kentucky/

Makes me feel a little better, but I'll never be confident when a 19 yr old is looking at millions. If he came out, he's a first rounder on potential alone. He's shown way more than Orton did. His upside is way higher too. Not to mention there's no injury issues like Orton.
      Genuine Realist -
      God, I have come to hate that word potential.

He's a fine kid, but his potential is only to an NBA player (already a considerable achievement). There will be plenty of others with similar potential.The NBA would be crazy to pay him any kind of money at present.
      StuBleedsBlue2 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Genuine Realist View Post
      God, I have come to hate that word potential.

He's a fine kid, but his potential is only to an NBA player (already a considerable achievement). There will be plenty of others with similar potential.The NBA would be crazy to pay him any kind of money at present.
      More or less crazy to pay Orton?

I know the answer to that question, which is why I think Dakari is a first round lock, THIS season.
      Darrell KSR -
      Dakari > Daniel.

Having said that, I think Daniel made the right decision to go, and Dakari will make the right decision to stay. Funny, but that's what I think will occur.

Larry, thanks for all the great tidbits. I'm still working on finding a way to get back tomorrow.
      Darrell KSR -
      Couple of comments on your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryVaught1 View Post

Now they're just playing AAU ball again. I was hoping the tournament setting might provide that.

I LOVE to see this. LOVE it.

I didn't realize it was that big. Thanks for that piece of information. One of those things unless you're there, and see it, you don't realize it's occurring. Hard to tell from a TV screen, and maybe even harder from Row 12 of the mezzanine!

I hope he believes it, and doesn't just say he believes it, if you know the difference.

cattails -
      I sure hope you are wrong on that one, he is no where near ready and I don't see him on any draft boards.
      anderwt -
      You know at this point , id love to just get to that second weekend..see if these kids keep growing..however id like to see a good performance today, they have had all feeling this good before
      KeithKSR -
      Makes me feel a little better, but I'll never be confident when a 19 yr old is looking at millions. If he came out, he's a first rounder on potential alone. He's shown way more than Orton did. His upside is way higher too. Not to mention there's no injury issues like Orton.
      Johnson is a young college freshman. He won't be 19 until September. He has a good support system to help him make a good decision. He just have to rely on the support system.
      UKHistory -
      If we could put together two good games heading into the SEC final it would make me feel great and help for this team to build some real momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
      You know at this point , id love to just get to that second weekend..see if these kids keep growing..however id like to see a good performance today, they have had all feeling this good before
      KeithKSR -
      More or less crazy to pay Orton?

I know the answer to that question, which is why I think Dakari is a first round lock, THIS season.
      Too many negatives for a first round pick at present. Needs to turn fat to muscle, develop more agility, and improve defensively.
      Philly Cat -
      The key question, to me, is whether that assistant coach had ever felt earlier in the season that we had "definitely" turned a corner. I think we've all thought corners had been turned throughout the year, only to be proven wrong.
      jazyd -
      Play two more games like last night and we have turned the corner. I thoroughly enjoyed the game last night but I don't want them to slip back into bad habits.

Good stuff as usual LV and thanks
      catmanjack -
      Larry, hope you will post more tidbits later or tomorrow.
      Enjoy the reports.
      Rock Hard Ten -
      Thanks Larry.....we appreciate the meaty tidbits
      MickintheHam -
      Attendance is significantly down this year. Most of the fans who came are of the die hard variety. They have been richly rewarded.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post