Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Few SEC tourney tidbits

1. Aaron Harrison says ankle is fine. Said he stepped on someone but no problems.

2. Randle said the emotion we saw from Poythress when he came to midcourt to chest bump Randle was "not out of character at all for him because he gets so hyped" when he is with teammates.

3. Poythress said all the recent criticism of team was never even really discussed by Calipari.

4. Cal was limping a bit again after the game as he left the arena.

5. Most smiles I have seen all year from UK in locker room.

6. Several players talked about the "stress" they had felt all year.

7. IMPressive that signee Devin Booker made the trip here to watch Cats.

8. Continued to be impressed by Dakari's leadership. He never quits talking, communicating.

9. One UK coach told me he "fully" believes the team has finally turned the corner
    Comments 27 Comments
      CitizenBBN -
      Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
      Attendance is significantly down this year. Most of the fans who came are of the die hard variety. They have been richly rewarded.
      Way down, but still shockingly good to me. By UK standards low, but our low looks to outpace everyone else combined again even with the #1 team in the thing and it isn't us.

Was hoping for more today, wondering if folks there think it was the case or not.
      Kacat -
      Orton had no other choice really. He was fighting a bad knee and didn't want to listen to Cal and try an drop weight. He and his dad felt his only chance was to go as soon as he could. He has made more then a lot of other kids his age so if he is smart with his money he has a heck of a head start financially.
      bigsky -
      Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
      Attendance is significantly down this year. Most of the fans who came are of the die hard variety. They have been richly rewarded.
      glad to be included in that category
      StuBleedsBlue2 -
      Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
      Too many negatives for a first round pick at present. Needs to turn fat to muscle, develop more agility, and improve defensively.
      There are questions that I ask myself about Dakari and the draft. If there was no one and one, would he have been drafted? Considering he was the #1 ranked center, and McD's my answer is absolutely yes. My second question, has there ever been a 7 footer ranked this high and so much potential NOT drafted in the 1st round? I don't know the answer to that, but I can't recall any. Finally, is he not on the draft boards because nobody expects him to declare, and what would happen if he did?

Considering all past history of drafts, I can not answer any of those questions without that being he would be a certain 1st round pick. Will he go? I don't know, but my gut is feeling more uneasy every day.
      bigsky -
      Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
      There are questions that I ask myself about Dakari and the draft. If there was no one and one, would he have been drafted? Considering he was the #1 ranked center, and McD's my answer is absolutely yes. My second question, has there ever been a 7 footer ranked this high and so much potential NOT drafted in the 1st round? I don't know the answer to that, but I can't recall any. Finally, is he not on the draft boards because nobody expects him to declare, and what would happen if he did? Considering all past history of drafts, I can not answer any of those questions without that being he would be a certain 1st round pick. Will he go? I don't know, but my gut is feeling more uneasy every day.
      I agree with this. But he is very young-- and emotional--a good fit for a 2nd year
      KeithKSR -
      Dakari came out of the 2014 class and won't be 19 until September. No one is placing him in the 2014 draft talk for a reason. He needs at least another year.
      KeithKSR -
      Draft Express puts Johnson at #18 in the 2015 draft, NBADraft.net put him at #52 in the 2015 draft.
  • KSR Twitter Feed