Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Towles will now work out with QB guru in May, not next week

By: LARRY VAUGHT

Due to what his father called a "scheduling snafu," Kentucky sophomore quarterback Patrick Towles will not go to San Diego to work with quarterback guru George Whitfield Jr. during spring break next week. Instead, he'll go to San Diego May 19-30 after UK's spring semester ends.

Whitfield has worked with Andrew Luck and Cam Newton, both former No. 1 picks in the NFL draft. He’s been working with Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel, another potential No. 1 pick, recently. Towles first met Whitfield at an Elite 11 camp in Los Angeles when he was playing for Fort Thomas Highlands.

"There will be other college quarterbacks there then, too," said Terry Towles, Patrick's father. "This way he can also go for almost two weeks instead of just one."

Towles has already been working out on his own with Donnie Walker, who has worked with current California offensive coordinator Tony Franklin. Walker conducts clinics in the same offense that UK offensive coordinator Neal Brown played in and now uses with his own tweaks.

Since he's not going to California, Towles will spend even more time with Walker preparing for the start of UK's spring practice later this month.

"That may actually turn out better since what Donnie Walker does is specific to the offense UK runs and that might help Patrick be even more prepared for spring practice and then he can go to George Whitfield and let him go over everything about playing quarterback with him," Terry Towles said. "Patrick remains very optimistic and just wants to make sure he does everything he can to help himself and Kentucky be the best he can be."
    Comments 13 Comments
      dan_bgblue -
      Thanks Larry V. I hope his dedication to improving his skills will help him and the Cats in the coming season
      ETWNAPPEL -
      I wish him the best of luck. Certainly can't be a bad thing.
      Darrell KSR -
      Love having some football discussion while we wait for the basketball tournament to begin Friday.
      LarryVaught1 -
      That's what I do best -- football
      Darrell KSR -
      You do it all, Larry. Can't wait for the Stoops recruits to grow up and give us something on the field that will create a frenzy. It's coming.
      kingcat -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      You do it all, Larry. Can't wait for the Stoops recruits to grow up and give us something on the field that will create a frenzy. It's coming.

Yep, me 2, and yep.
      Terry Blue -
      I don't care much for football myself.......
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Terry Blue View Post
      I don't care much for football myself.......
      Yeah, but you tolerate it at least.

via mobile app
      Jimcats -
      Now why would Terry make that joking comment? I hear it enough from my UK fans of basketball only. Enough!

I'm sure Patrick would have preferred getting that training in before spring practice sessions. But with a whole summer to practice his new advice from an expensive pro, he should come on at his best come August. Nice to have a wealthy grandpa.
      UKFlounder -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      You do it all, Larry. .
      yes he does

Vaughts' Views ‏@vaughtsviews ·14m
      Not sure if @KentuckyDance will be here tonight, but rode elevator with all of LSU dance team today. Had to make best of tough situation
      Terry Blue -
      Anyone that reads a message board knows I'm kidding. A strange thing happened a few years ago when I started preferring football over basketball. I had to question myself more than once to make sure that was true. A real mid life change! BTW, now a Medicare card holder, after turning 65 on Mar.12
      dan_bgblue -
      Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
      yes he does

Vaughts' Views ‏@vaughtsviews ·14m
      Not sure if @KentuckyDance will be here tonight, but rode elevator with all of LSU dance team today. Had to make best of tough situation
      And he will never admit to waiting 2 1/2 hours in the hotel lobby for that situation to present itself
      BigBluePappy -
      That is why, Mr. Vaught is my hero.
  • KSR Twitter Feed