Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Less Knowledge Means Better Than Now Believed

By: LONNY DEMAREE

There is an air of ambivalence that is circulating around the Kentucky Wildcat basketball team, presently. Most of which is based on pre-season expectations, predictions, and blind-fandom. All this is good in the interest of the ‘feel good.’

If you were dropped out of a space capsule prior to October 18th and had no facts about the ranking of the freshmen members of this Wildcat addition; the talk of a undefeated season; and Coach John Calipari inadvertently leading the fans along that path you perhaps would see things a lot differently now.

If there had been five more minutes left in the Michigan State game the Cats would’ve came away with the victory. The Cats loss to North Carolina on the road and NC is the only team in the country that has wins over Louisville and Duke, also. The Cats defeated the Louisville Cardinals but according to Rick Pitino look how much improved they are. The Cats loss to Florida at home but the Gators are the leaders in the SEC and have only two losses on the season. Kentucky defeated a Missouri team on the road that plays well at home.

Again for anybody to say the Cats are not a better team than at the beginning of the season they are residing in the ‘Sea of Life’ sleeping with the whales blowing hot air out the top of their heads. They are shooting better at the free throw line. Half-way into the season they were around the sixty-six percent and now they are over seventy percent. Cal said Willie Cauley-Stein is shooting them better.

Since the Tennessee game Julius Randle is shooting free throws at a seventy-nine percent clip as opposed to seventy-two percent overall; Andrew Harrison is at eighty-eight percent free throws since the UT game as opposed to seventy-six percent overall; Aaron Harrison since the UT game is shooting eighty-four percent as opposed to seven-eight percent overall at the line; Alex Poythress is about the same; and James Young is the only one that has a very slight drop since the Tennessee game. The team overall is shooting free throws at 70.7 percent.

The team at times has shown that refuse to lose grit at times on the road such as the Missouri and Ole Miss Games. That’s something young teams have to develop because it’s very difficult for most teams to win on the road.

There are no great teams in college basketball this season but of, lets says ten teams that can win it all Kentucky has to be one of them. So it all comes down to the luck of the draw and matchups. But it’s time for Calipari to stop dropping the young team notion and out the other corner of his mouth it’s “Come on - It’s time, it’s time.”
    Comments 3 Comments
      Rock Hard Ten -
      Terrific post Lonny….agree with the last sentence!!!
      kingcat -
      Amen!
      dan_bgblue -
      Great read Lonny. Thanks
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post