Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Things to watch for: Ole Miss Away Edition

By: Tyler Adkins

After a disappointing loss to Florida on Saturday, UK is looking to rebound tonight on the road against the Ole Miss Rebels. UK defeated Ole Miss 80-64 at Rupp a few weeks ago but everyone knows this game will be a lot more difficult down in Oxford. UK needs this win after losing at home and Ole Miss is desperate for wins to try to get back on the right side of the NCAA bubble. With that, let's get to the things to watch for:

*Henderson Mania

Last time, I said the key was stopping Summers to make Henderson go into "hero" mode. This time, I am changing my thoughts completely. Henderson is loved in Oxford and feeds off of the crowd. If there was ever a player that can go for 40 against this UK team in the SEC, it is Henderson at home. UK is going to have to be all over him. Last game he was held to 6-18 from the field which is around the same number I am sure Calipari would like to see again. Henderson must be stopped early to keep him from going crazy in this game. Hold Henderson to less than 40% and it will go a long way towards getting the win.

*Rebound game

After all of the excitement and then disappointment on Saturday, it will be a much more familiar environment for the UK players tonight. No Gameday, no all day hype shows, just basketball. It will be a major come down from what most of them experienced for the first time on Saturday and I am curious to see how they handle it. They hopefully have moved passed the loss but if not, they will be in for a shocker in Oxford. I am looking to see UK come out with a chip on their shoulder early tonight and show that they are not going to lose.

*Aaron Harrison MIA

Aaron has been having quite a cold stretch in the last three games where he has gone 7-30 from the field and largely a non-factor in the games on the offensive end. Harrison needs to be a scorer in order to help this team reach its capabilities but he has proven all season that he isn't quite the dead-eye shooter that most believed when he entered school. Harrison needs to get to the basket more and to the free throw line. I am looking for Harrison to have 8 or more free throws in this game.

That is all for tonight, Go Big Blue.
    Comments 5 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      Thanks, Tyler. Would love to see better than 7-30 type percentage from Aaron tonight for sure!
      KSRBEvans -
      Ole Miss is averaging 1.16 pts/poss at home in SEC play, and Henderson is hitting 38% from 3 and 65% (13/20) of his 2s at home in SEC play. Cats' D has to match Ole Miss' energy from the start.
      CatQuick -
      It will be interesting to see what 2 "good" days of practice translate to on the game floor.
      tyleradkins -
      I think the last time Calipari talked about the "great practices" was before coming out flat against MSU. I hope the start is different after this set of great practices.
      kingcat -
      Pound it inside at the start, take it to the hole after that, and get it in to the big guys at the end.

Make Ole Miss defend and not just rebound our missed threes
  • KSR Twitter Feed