Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Things to watch for: Georgia Edition

By: TYLER ADKINS

Coming off of a good performance against Texas A&M, UK looks to move their winning streak to three games today against the ever improving Georgia Bulldogs. Georgia struggled mightily in the non-conference portion of their schedule but have went 4-1 in SEC play with their only loss being on the road against Florida. UK will need to show up to play today but if they do, it shouldn't be much of a contest. With that, let's get to the things to watch for:

*Big Willie style

After a few games that made him look like more of a high school benchwarmer rather than a possible lottery pick, I think this is the game that Willie finds his stride again. Foul trouble early has played a bigger factor in him not playing well than most want to acknowledge and it seemed in the last game that everything he did resulted in a foul. If he can stay out of foul trouble early, expect to see a much improved WCS on the court tonight. I am looking for less than 2 fouls by halftime.

*Three Point barrage

This team clearly has confidence in their three point shots and to be honest, they should. The Harrisons, Young, and Poythress should all shoot well and they just have not had the game yet where everyone was hitting. When that game comes, and it will, it will be a beat down on whoever they are playing. This team will always get up around 15-20 three point shots and they need to be able to hit 40% or so to loosen up the interior defense of teams. I am looking for 40% or better.

*Defense

UK is getting better on defense and they seem to be putting forth some much better effort, that needs to continue tonight. However, it is time this team finds ways to get more steals in the areas that lead to more fast break opportunities. This team almost plays a pack-line defense and hopes to get a steal or deflection in the paint. They are athletic enough to start pushing that defense out and forcing mistakes outside the three point line which will lead to more run out baskets. We have seen this happening, today would be a good time to see it click and result is 5 or more steals.

That's all for today. Go Big Blue.
    Comments 4 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      Thanks, Tyler!

Sent using Forum Runner
      kingcat -
      Love these previews! I think Mark Fox is a class act by the way.
      Darrell KSR -
      Good picks today.

Sent using Forum Runner
      Krank -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      Good picks today.

Sent using Forum Runner
      I agree, Darrell. This was an excellent preview and analysis.

Great work, Tyler!
  • KSR Twitter Feed