Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Inaugural UK Hoops Coaches Clinic Set for Oct. 20

LEXINGTON, Ky. – The inaugural UK Hoops Coaching Clinic, featuring 2012 Southeastern Conference Coach of the Year Matthew Mitchell and the Wildcats basketball team, has been set for Saturday, Oct. 20 in the women’s basketball gym of the Joe Craft Center.

The camp is designed for coaches on all levels, including high school, middle school, AAU and junior college. Participants must be 18 years of age or older and no child of any age or person entering 9th -12th grade, junior college, or prep school will be allowed to register or attend.

Participants will have the unique opportunity to interact with Coach Mitchell and his staff, gain perspective on the UK Hoops system and philosophies and learn drills to utilize for individual development. In addition, participants will be invited to watch a team practice session as part of the clinic.

In five seasons at the helm, Mitchell has led UK to five-straight postseason tournaments, including three consecutive NCAA Tournament appearances for the first time in UK history. He already ranks No. 3 in all-time wins at Kentucky with 114.

Under Mitchell’s guidance, the Wildcats ended the 2011-12 season ranked No. 12 in the final Associated Press poll and No. 8 in the final USA Today/ESPN coaches' poll. It marked the highest final AP ranking since finishing 11th in 1983 and the highest final ranking in the coaches’ poll in school history. Mitchell led his team to one of the most successful seasons in school history last year with a 28-7 overall record, including an 18-0 mark at home, and an appearance in the Elite Eight for the second time in three years. The Wildcats won their first SEC regular season championship since 1982 with a school-record 13-3 mark in league play. Its 28 wins tied the school record set in 2009-10 and UK has now won 25-plus games for three consecutive seasons for the first time ever.

Mitchell did not go unrecognized for his success, as he was named SEC Coach of the Year by the AP. It was his second SEC Coach of the Year award. He also earned the honor in 2010 by the AP and league coaches.
    A complete schedule along with a registration form and cost of the clinic will be released on UKathletics.com in the coming weeks.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post