Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Things to watch for: Tennessee Edition

By: Tyler Adkins

Coming off of a heartbreaking loss in Fayetteville, the Cats are back home to face rival Tennessee in a game that both teams really need to win. Tennessee needs this win to put themselves in a position to get to the NCAA tournament and Kentucky needs this win to right the ship and attempt to stay in contention for a top 4 seed. Tennessee is always a game that seems to be a challenge and I don't expect this one to be any different. With that, let's get to the things to watch for:

*Free Throws

A lot has been made about UK's missed free throws since the Arkansas game. I put on Twitter that in the four losses UK has missed 55 free throws. Others have tried to spin it different ways but there is one common fact to all basketball games: Free throws are the only opportunity to score with the game stopped and no one guarding you. Free throws are the one area that players have to take responsibility and it is all on them to miss or make. Other factors play in a loss, no doubt, but none depend on only simple repetition like do free throws. I want to see 70% today, because quite frankly, that isn't even a tough mark to meet.

*Stokes the fire

Jarnell Stokes makes this team go. He is a big presence inside who thankfully has learned to stretch since he has been at UT (You're welcome Jimmy Dykes). He is the inside anchor and will be a load to handle. UK has to be able to do two things to keep him in check: 1) Not allow stokes any wide open baskets, someone has to make him earn every point. 2) The bigs who guard him can't get into foul trouble early in the game or he will feast. Luckily, UK's depth is mainly focused inside so foul trouble shouldn't be too much of a concern. Stokes is a beast and is getting better, UK limits him then it goes a long way to beating UT.

*Start hot

UK has started slow in almost every game they have played this year. Every game it seems that UK gets down at the beginning of the game and doesn't right the ship until close to the end of the half. Make no mistake, this UK team should beat some good teams by 20 points but they can't seem to put it together to open up games. Some is on the coaches, most on the players, but whatever the reason it needs to be corrected and the team needs to start out strong in this game. The first four minutes have been abysmal for UK this season. I am wanting to see UK have the lead after the first four minutes.

As always, Go Big Blue.
    Comments 3 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      Thanks, Tyler!

Sent using Forum Runner
      dan_bgblue -
      Pressure McRae on the outside and do not let him get hot from behind the arc
      Thedonnie123 -
      Thanks, Tyler. Good read.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post