Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Mississippi State coach Rick Ray on UK

"Well, they're obviously a really talented ball club. They've got a lot of individual talent and I think they're starting to figure some things out as a team. The thing that really concerns you about Kentucky is the way that they can draw fouls with their individual play. I think Randle is a complete handful and you have to help out on him but you also gotta be able to help without fouling. I think Andrew Harrison does a really good job of drawing contact with his physical drives and I think the thing that goes without saying--well, what I should say is most people don't notice this but I think Willie Cauley-Stein has really made strides as a basketball player. It looks like he's had a year of strength and development. He's really moving well as far as defensively. He's able to switch ball screens, he affects shots at the rim, he's done a lot of good things. I just think is on-the-ball activity and his ability to block shots off the ball has been really good."
    Comments 11 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      It's funny...I have gotten more and more optimistic during this long delay between games.

Good comments from Coach Ray.
      cattails -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      It's funny...I have gotten more and more optimistic during this long delay between games.

Good comments from Coach Ray.
      And you should, I'll go on record, we are going to really play some ball now, beware of the Big Blue Machine.
      CitizenBBN -
      We need to get WCS the ball more IMO. He's playing great, i'd like to see what he does with the ball a few times a game beyond the hustle points he gets.

how many players is MSU down to now?
      GhettoBird -
      I'm really pumped about going forward. However, I'm going to wait to see our performance on Saturday at Vandy before I go all in.
      GhettoBird -
      Truthfully we should dismantle these next 2 teams.
      Krank -
      Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBird View Post
      WORD to Ghetto Bird.

I watched Butler beat Vandy at Hinkle Fieldhouse earlier this season and the 'dores looked better than I thought they would. Thing is… I still haven't figured out how good Butler will end up being this year. The Dogs are currently 0-2 in the new Big East, losing a close game to Villanova (whom I was very impressed with despite a GENERAL lack of overall size), the best team in the conference, at Hinkle, and then at Xavier (always a difficult place to win).

Having said all that, UK should not have that typical tougher than normal game at Nashville. We are too deep, talented, and well-coached IMO, while Vandy lacks all of the above aside from coaching.
      WoodstockCat -
      Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBird View Post
      We'll find out how much attention these Cats pay to scouting. Vandy will milk clock and screen like crazy looking for slips off screens. I think the first half of that game is very important to not give Vandy any sense they can win the ball game.
      LarryVaught1 -
      To me, Arkansas is the game that will tell us a lot about UK
      Jimcats -
      I'm a bit surprised that opposing coaches don't bring up "home cooking" when they get so many fouls called on them and UK gets much fewer. Is it that obvious to them that UK has been extremely well coached about the way the game is being called these days?
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimcats View Post
      I'm a bit surprised that opposing coaches don't bring up "home cooking" when they get so many fouls called on them and UK gets much fewer. Is it that obvious to them that UK has been extremely well coached about the way the game is being called these days?
      I think the main reason is they don't want to be fined, or look like they're whining pre-game. Not a good look for the coach, and you don't want players following suit, as their play can be impacted.
      CatQuick -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      I think the main reason is they don't want to be fined, or look like they're whining pre-game. Not a good look for the coach, and you don't want players following suit, as their play can be impacted.
      Rick didn't get your memo. LOL
  • KSR Twitter Feed