Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Karl Towns Jr: Quadruple-double back-to-back

By: ERIN SIMON

UK commit Karl Towns Jr. made history this past weekend. He earned a quadruple-double two years in a row, a feat that is hard to replicate. Towns finished the game against Woodbridge with 20 pts, 14 rebs, 12 blks and 10 asts. Initial results ended in controversy, game film was reviewed and the correct box score was confirmed.

moby.to/9sj3s3
    Comments 28 Comments
      GhettoBird -
      Wow!
      Darrell KSR -
      Wow--that's incredible.

Thanks, Erin!
      Darrell KSR -
      Is that two years in a row, or two games in a row?

Either way, it's impressive.
      Krank -
      Man, I love Towns.

Just wish he had a more diverse skill set, wasn't so uni-dimensional, ya know?

Two years in a row, I believe, Darrell, although I think he got very close recently.
      ErinAshleySimon -
      Two years in a row in the same tournament.
      Darrell KSR -
      Wow--that is truly amazing.
      Doc -
      Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
      Man, I love Towns.

Just wish he had a more diverse skill set, wasn't so uni-dimensional, ya know?

Two years in a row, I believe, Darrell, although I think he got very close recently.
      I think he has more upside than any player in the class. Size, shooting range, reach, etc....
      Krank -
      Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
      I think he has more upside than any player in the class. Size, shooting range, reach, etc....
      What do you think of the opinion that Towns' perceived weakness is athleticism?…. or do you think S&C over the Summer solves that?
      cattails -
      What do you think of the opinion that Towns' perceived weakness is athleticism?…. or do you think S&C over the Summer solves that?
      Nope he is like Bird and Magic, neither were athletic at all and ya know both did pretty good.
      Doc -
      Athleticism is over-rated IMO. Skills get you farther.
      UKFlounder -
      Quote Originally Posted by cattails View Post
      Nope he is like Bird and Magic, neither were athletic at all and ya know both did pretty good.
      Agreed

Attachment 3117
      KentuckyWildcat -
      Can he and Dakari play together?
      Edward100 -
      He has competed with and against the best professional players in the world. That says it all.
      dan_bgblue -
      Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
      Many will disagree with me but I really think they can. I see Towns as a 4 and of course Johnson is a back to the basket 5.
      Doc -
      Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
      Many will disagree with me but I really think they can. I see Towns as a 4 and of course Johnson is a back to the basket 5.

Towns is projected as a 5/4. His range allows him to player away from the basket. Think Rasheed Wallace, a big who can step out, who likes to step out.
      cattails -
      Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
      Can you mix a good bourbon on ice???
      cattails -
      Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
      Towns is projected as a 5/4. His range allows him to player away from the basket. Think Rasheed Wallace, a big who can step out, who likes to step out.
      Doc as by his numbers I think he can play where ever he is needed. Positions are not so defined in Cal's system
      Doc -
      Quote Originally Posted by cattails View Post
      Doc as by his numbers I think he can play where ever he is needed. Positions are not so defined in Cal's system
      I agree. He can play either post spot or the SF. He is projected as a center but skills set allows lots of lattitude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
      Padukacat -
      Is he playing good competition in hs?
      uk-4-the-win -
      Towns isnt an uber athlete.. he's not WCS. But go watch his recent Youtube highlights and you will clearly see he's athletic enough. People like to knock him by saying he's a kyle wiltjer but if you watch him, he's way more athletic than Wiltjer was/is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuCrJmfSqdc
  • KSR Twitter Feed