Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Anthony Epps on Cats-Cards

By: LARRY VAUGHT

Question: How much do you think Rick Pitino would like to bring Louisville into Rupp Arena and win?
    Epps: “I think he is looking forward to that challenge with Kentucky having the talent they have and Louisville being almost under the radar as defending national champion and you don’t hear much about them. They have a really good team. I think he is looking forward to trying to stick one to us.”

Question: Since Kentucky has played a more difficult schedule, will that impact the UK-Louisville game?
    Epps: “I don’t think so. I think what Rick does with his schedule is play a lot of home games and get a lot of easy wins and build his team’s confidence where Cal’s motto is we will play anybody anywhere at any time. He’s not afraid of nobody ... not saying Rick is. But they just have a different philosophy in the way they want to schedule.”

Question: Does it surprise you that the new emphasis on calling fouls really has not impacted Louisville this season like some thought it would?
    Epps: “No I don’t think so. I think he probably just told his guys this is the way it is going to be called. Accept it or you will be in foul trouble. If you watch a high school game, you wish the rule change was not there. Some high school games are two hours, and that’s kind of ridiculous.”
    Comments 7 Comments
      catmanjack -
      With that schedule that's why you have not seen
      an impact with the rules changes.
      But look at the game they lost,UNC and I bet
      there was an impact
      Jimcats -
      Nothing short of another Nat'l Champs year would be as dear to Rick as a solid win over the Cats in Rupp....and we know how great he is at getting his own zeal installed with his players.

We haven't played a game yet this season that would have resulted in a win over the Cards--not one. Can we play it on Saturday? That, my dear, is the question!
      StuBleedsBlue2 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimcats View Post
      We haven't played a game yet this season that would have resulted in a win over the Cards--not one. Can we play it on Saturday? That, my dear, is the question!
      I don't agree at all.

Boise St, Providence and Robert Morris were all performances that would beat UofL.

I haven't seen a UL performance that has been worthy enough of a win against us. Keep in mind, it's their first real road game(not really counting FIU). There are guys in this game who contribute a lot of PT who are in there first game against us, and many more that have never played in Rupp.

I know we have a lot of guys new to this too, but the buzz of the crowd will make sure they don't take a second off.

We lost a very close game to them last year, in their place. We're a lot better than we were then. Are they? I don't think so.
      KeithKSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
      I don't agree at all.

Boise St, Providence and Robert Morris were all performances that would beat UofL.

I haven't seen a UL performance that has been worthy enough of a win against us. Keep in mind, it's their first real road game(not really counting FIU). There are guys in this game who contribute a lot of PT who are in there first game against us, and many more that have never played in Rupp.

I know we have a lot of guys new to this too, but the buzz of the crowd will make sure they don't take a second off.

We lost a very close game to them last year, in their place. We're a lot better than we were then. Are they? I don't think so.
      One only need to look at the UNC game to validate your points. UNC shot 54% against UL. Not exactly stellar D out of Pitino's squad.

Pitino is just 3-7 against Kentucky in the last 10 games, with just 1 of those wins coming against Cal. The other 2 Ws came against Clyde. I think that record places enormous pressure on Pitino.
      tpenrod -
      I'm a little bit worried about the 1/2 punch of Harrell and Behanan on the boards. Julius absolutely has to find a way to stay on the floor.
      catmanjack -
      Those two are not exactly killing it on the boards against
      this very weak schedule.
      UK will own the boards, but really I hope UK
      shoots so good that the rebounding will
      not be a factor.
      StuBleedsBlue2 -
      Quote Originally Posted by tpenrod View Post
      I'm a little bit worried about the 1/2 punch of Harrell and Behanan on the boards. Julius absolutely has to find a way to stay on the floor.
      I'm not. Randle, WCS and Poythress are all better than these guys, when they are at their best. I have no concerns about Randle being at his best. Willie and Alex played in this game last year. I think they're going to be just fine. Get any valuable minutes from Dakari, Marcus or possibly Willis, and that just makes our frontcourt that much more difficult for them to handle.
  • KSR Twitter Feed