Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Mark Stoops Press Conference LIVE HERE

Comments 24 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      UK officially announces that Cory Johnson and A.J. Stamps have signed with the Wildcats.
      Darrell KSR -
      Stamps is a CB who moved from WR before the season. Stoops: "He is a playmaker with the physical makeup to be an impact player right away."
      Darrell KSR -
      "The biggest splash in recruiting was Bud and Za'Darius coming back," Stoops said. "...Excited to have those guys back."
      Darrell KSR -
      Stoops on DT Cory Johnson: "Very productive player. Big, physical guy, very mature, very active on the D-line. Very excited for Cory."
      Darrell KSR -
      Stoops on 2014 commits: "Weekend was fantastic. ... It's one of the most unique recruiting experiences I've been a part of."
      Darrell KSR -
      Stoops: "We were working all night last night. One of these deals [signees] didn’t get closed until about an hour ago."

.... (LATER)....

Stamps the one UK battled for until the last hour? "Yes." Grin. "He’ll get a few extra cross-fields when he gets here, some extra running."
      Carolinawildcats -
      Really impressed with they way Coach Stoops handles himself. Hard worker!

Peace

Richard (CW)
      Darrell KSR -
      Stoops: "This class is bonding so well together." Says the commits in this class are already "like brothers."
      Carolinawildcats -
      "Lexington is a great place and a great place to recruits kids to"

I totally agree

Peace

Richard (CW)
      Darrell KSR -
      Stoops says JUCO midyear guys "can be impact guys right away. That’s why I’m so fired up about these guys."
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Carolinawildcats View Post
      Really impressed with they way Coach Stoops handles himself. Hard worker!

Peace

Richard (CW)
      Definitely. Coach Stoops is effectuating change in the program.
      Darrell KSR -
      Stoops on beating big schools for commits: "It feels good. ... We're competitive people. We want the best players."
      CitizenBBN -
      "I'm not worried about Clint Hurtt, that's too easy of a target for me to go after."

You get 'em Coach.
      suncat05 -
      Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
      "I'm not worried about Clint Hurtt, that's too easy of a target for me to go after."

You get 'em Coach.
      That quote, in and of itself, is the ultimate smackdown to any of that bunch that resides 75 miles to the west of Lexington. I like Mark Stoops more & more every day!
      KMSBball -
      Very impressed with Coach Stoops. Liked how he handled the question about regrets on leaving Florida State (none) and his claim that he developed Jameis Winston as coach of the scout team.
      blueboss -
      This is an all time first!! We're talking UK football recruiting in mid December during basketball season.

I'm not sure how to act? Is basketball in that much trouble, or is football doing this well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Terry Blue -
      In answer to a question on Ohio State, Stoops basically confirmed we beat them out for Stamps!
      UKHistory -
      It says more about Stoops' success on the recruiting trail than any basketball shortcomings. Like Stoops and feel like he is going to make us competitive again.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
      This is an all time first!! We're talking UK football recruiting in mid December during basketball season.

I'm not sure how to act? Is basketball in that much trouble, or is football doing this well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      truecatsfan -
      The future is looking better everyday.
      CitizenBBN -
      Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
      It says more about Stoops' success on the recruiting trail than any basketball shortcomings. Like Stoops and feel like he is going to make us competitive again.
      Write it down in ink. He will be the first coach since Bryant we will be trying to figure out how to keep, not how to fire. He is absolutely the man for this job.
  • KSR Twitter Feed