Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Booker: Ulis has heart

By: LARRY VAUGHT

Kentucky signee Tyler Ulis, a 5-9 point guard from Chicago, recently had 30 points, seven assists and five rebounds for Marian Catholic in a 74-68 loss to Etiwanda, Calif., a top 10 team in the USA Today prep poll.

Etiwanda (Calif.) 74, Marian Catholic 68: Tyler Ulis did his thing, but it wasn't enough to prevent Etiwanda (Calif.), ranked No. 6 nationally by USA Today, from defeating Marian Catholic. Ulis was 10-for-22 from the field and 10-for-11 at the foul line. He had four three-point plays in the second quarter, but he was 0-for-6 from 3-point range.

Mississippi shooting guard Devin Booker, another UK signee, nows Ulis well.

“Me and Tyler have been knowing each other for a while, probably since seventh grade," Booker said at the Marshall County Hoop Fest. " We’ve been on teams with each other at probably three or four camps. We just click. He’s kind of like my little big brother. That’s what I call him. We’re going to be special next year.

Does he play big for a player 5-9?

“He has heart. He’s 5-9, doesn’t weigh that much, but he has more heart than any little kid I’ve ever seen," Booker, who plays with a lot of heart himself, said. " I don’t want to call him a little kid), but he’s probably my favorite player I’ve ever played with. He’s matched up with every point guard. To me, he’s won every matchup.”
    Comments 2 Comments
      CitizenBBN -
      Good stuff larry. Excited that the incoming back court guys are already so tight with each other.
      ebarbaau -
      My favorite players are those who play with heart not those who may be more gifted.Can't wait for him to be on campus and give our point guard some amount of stability for 4 years.
  • KSR Twitter Feed