Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Dyshawn Mobley is What Athletes Should Copy

By: LONNY DEMAREE

Any non-professional who thinks he is Sigmund Freud and can psychoanalyze a kid without really knowing them is a rank amateur. But this writer has been around the block a few times, and I can often read personalities and correctly predict what a youngster will do on and off the football field.

Dyshawn Mobley has a great attitude, and he has made himself a special-teams star in the area of kickoff coverage. Kentucky's kick and punt coverage ranks in the upper half of the SEC.

This Powell, Tennessee native came to UK as a running back with potential and the coaching staff made the decision that he would be a substitute running back. This youngster plays hard every play of every game. Mark Stoops said he was the only player on the entire team that exhibited that intensity in the game against Georgia.

How did Mobley land on special teams? "I asked the coaches if I could I play special team so I could get on the field and help the team in any way I could," Mobley said. There's been a clamoring by the coaches on the defensive side of the ball for Mobley to come over there and help them in the future. When presented with that idea Mobley said - "I don't care. I just want to play college football and help the team any way I can.

Coach Bradley Dale Peveto sees him as a excellent safety prospect. "When a kid gets a lot of confidence on special teams it carries over to the offensive and defensive side of the ball," Coach Peveto said. "I'm begging to get him over on defense right now. He's very tough; he's very physical; he's very dedicated; it's very important to him; he plays with passion and purpose; and when you get a guy like that he's deadly on special teams. He has a lot of good defensive instincts about him. If you watch him he looks like a linebacker or a safety. He has a good burst, he has a good punch, he's physical, and he's been special (no pun intended.)"

In the Monday presser I asked Coach D. J. Eliot if he felt a loss by Mobley's performance against Georgia carrying the ball. He laughed and said he was happy for Mobley.
    Comments 7 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      Thanks, Lonny. Love the kid.
      dan_bgblue -
      In the Monday presser I asked Coach D. J. Eliot if he felt a loss by Mobley's performance against Georgia carrying the ball. He laughed and said he was happy for Mobley.
      I wondered who asked that question, and his answer made me chuckle a bit. When coach Stoops was asked to name players that stood out to him for the 2013 season he named one and that was Mobley.
      Jimcats -
      I don't know what our other future RBs look like except for JoJo, but if we have some strength and depth there, it'd make sense IMO to look at Mobley for some DB help.

Isn't it great to have good players with his attitude!
      Darrell KSR -
      Another one to read. Wish him well.

Sent using Forum Runner
      cattails -
      Sure hate to lose him, one of my favs!!
      jazyd -
      These two threads are conflicting,w hat gives
      MTcatfan -
      This is a resurrected thread from after the UGA game maybe??? It was the onehe had the long TD run in...since then things have changed...
  • KSR Twitter Feed