Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Next Up Tennessee

By: LONNY DEMAREE

The next opponent is the Tennessee Volunteers. Coming off the dismal performance down between the hedges leaves the Wildcats in a fog. The task for the UK coaching staff is to somehow get them out of it. The one thing they have in their favor is the fact the Wildcats don't have to travel to Knoxville. Reason being were they to hit the Jellico Mountains after dusk and hit a patch of dense fog it could keep them in the Foggy Bottom.

It's generally thought the Vols have a better talent base than the Wildcats and are supposed to be favored. The question is will they encounter the foggy Jellico mountains that will perhaps launch them in a deeper fog than they are after suffering their home loss to their cross-state rivals the Vanderbilt Commodores.

After going through a tumultuous several days leading up to the Georgia game the final outcome was not surprising. Another contributing factor was having won only two game all reason. The upperclassmen had done a good job keeping the locker room together until Saturday and the expected came to pass.

Neither of the teams have any reason to be in a reved-up state. In the distant past when the game was still considered a rivalry game there was reason for some leading in excitement. Now neither team has anything to play for. The University of Kentucky is 2-9 and Tennessee is 4-7.

D. J. Eliot was asked that in the era of Tennesse and Kentucky no longer being the rivalry game it once was, how do you get your players motivated. He said- "They've got a chance to get a 'W' so I think they will be fired up and ready go."

Avery Williamson was on the podium at the stadium during the stadium renovation unveiling. He left on a positive note of beating Tennessee.
    Comments 8 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      Would be great to finish the season by beating the Vols.
      CatQuick -
      I want it more for Stoops and the coaching staff than anyone else. They are on a 20 mile march over and over the next 2-3 years and need a carrot or two along the way.
      MickintheHam -
      Lonnie, Tennessee Week meant something when I was a student and it still does. "Go to Hell Tennessee!"
      catmanjack -
      Looking forward more to the off season then the UT game.
      Jelleyjr -
      Would love for a win to end the season!!
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jelleyjr View Post
      Would love for a win to end the season!!
      I'm getting chill bumps just thinking about it on Tuesday. Absolutely would love it. I hate Tennessee; I know many of you grew up anti-UofL, but for southwestern Kentucky folks, it has always been Tennessee.

A win over Tennessee would make the entire offseason good. Lose to the Vols, and I'll have the recruits to give me solace, but I'd like the daily double, please!
      Jelleyjr -
      I despise anything UT. The cockiness, arrogance in football and the fans are mostly ignorant about the program other than they know they play football. Plus, I HATE THAT FREAKING SONG "ROCKY TOP"!!!
      dan_bgblue -
      I hate Tennessee; I know many of you grew up anti-UofL, but for southwestern Kentucky folks, it has always been Tennessee

Nothing sucks like a big orange
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post