Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Drew Barker thinks it is "cool" to sign now with Kentucky

By LARRY VAUGHT

Conner quarterback Drew Barker is now a Kentucky Wildcat. He signed his Institutional Financial Aid Agreement Thursday night — so did future Cats Thaddeus Snodgrass, Mikel Horton and Nick Richardson — that shows UK has a scholarship waiting for him when he graduates in December. He'll enroll at UK for the spring semester along with the others — T.V. Williams and Dorian Hendrix are scheduled to do the same thing — and go through spring practice.

Even better, it gives him more contact availability with coach Mark Stoops and offensive coordinator Neal Brown — and will also let the coaches talk about Barker and the other January signees.

Barker said UK waited until Thursday to send out the papers for the players to sign.

"I think they are announcing it at a press conference on Monday (in conjunction with the UK stadium renovation plan)," Barker said. "It's pretty cool to do it today and be able to have contact with the coaches whenever I want. I really like that part of it."

Barker said it was "more of a coincidence" that Snodgrass and Williams are receiver and Horton a running back. Hendrix is a linebacker.

"Some more guys wanted to do it, but their (high) schools would not allow it," Barker said. "But it is great for us and great for Kentucky."
    Comments 5 Comments
      CitizenBBN -
      Very cool. My #1 goal for this season was to see the team improving over time, and #1A was to hold together this promising class. Do that and we've had a VERY successful first year for Stoops, wins and losses just don't matter after that.
      Darrell KSR -
      Kid is terrific. Will love seeing him in Blue.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
      millsforthree -
      Excited for Barker to get on campus and start getting acquainted with his receivers and oline. Hopefully will make for a much improved season next year. Really want to see Snodgrass and 6'5 WR Bone from the Palmetto State---2 players the ole ball coach is going to be kicking himself for letting get away
      Terry Blue -
      I look for Phillips and Barker to be top qbs next season, not sure which will be starter yet
      CGWildcat -
      For the record, I think we all agree, it's cool to sign with Kentucky now!!
  • KSR Twitter Feed