Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Re: Report Card for UK v NKU

REPORT CARD: Kentucky v Northern Kentucky

By: dan_bgblue, Darryl, bigsky, cattails and ukpumacat

Julius Randle - A
    Alex Poythress - A-
    Andrew Harrison - B+
    Aaron Harrison - B+
    Willie Cauley-Stein - B+
    Dakari Johnson - B
    James Young - B
    Marcus Lee - B-

Did not have enough grades for anyone else, so we'll call it incomplete (2 out of 5). Probably would have been a D if we had one more vote.

Team GPA was high with this report card, 26.33 quality points earned, 3.29 GPA overall.
    Comments 14 Comments
      Darryl -
      Are we doing letter grades or 1-10?

Darryl
      dan_bgblue -
      Randle 10
      Poythress 10
      Johnson 8
      An Harrison 7
      Aa Harrison 8
      Young 7
      Lee 7
      WCS 9

The rest 4
      Darryl -
      Randle 10
      Andrew H 9
      Aaron H 9
      Poythress 9
      WCS 8
      Dakari 7
      Young 7
      Lee 6

The "quick white team" as Cal called it....(-3).

Darryl
      bigsky -
      Randle 8
      Poythress 8
      AaH. 8
      AH. 8
      DJ. 7
      Lee. 6
      Young. 5
      cattails -
      I don't think there should ever be a 10, I like bigsky's better and Young did not have his best game. Randle I change to 8.5, Lee and Young about right.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
      Are we doing letter grades or 1-10?

Darryl
      Will let you guys define it each game. Blank slate from the contributors.

Sent using Forum Runner
      bigsky -
      Quote Originally Posted by cattails View Post
      I don't think there should ever be a 10, I like bigsky's better and Young did not have his best game. Randle I change to 8.5, Lee and Young about right.
      Anthony Davis and Doron Lamb title game But you are right Randle's better at 8.5.

Grades count on Tuesday.
      ukpumacat -
      I am going to keep with letter grades for consistency sake from last game:

Randle: B+
      Poythress: B+
      Andrew H.: B-
      Aaron H: B
      Young: C+
      WCS: B-
      DJ: B-
      Lee: C
      ukpumacat -
      I will say this about Randle: He is one of the best freshman I have ever seen this early in the season. AD was good, but he improved so much as the season went on. If Randle improves at that rate, he may be the better freshman. That is simply unbelievable.
      bigsky -
      Randle played the three briefly. We are short numbers at guard and it'll be Randle on offense and Lee on defense at the two.

Sounds unlikely but Harrisons like those hand checking fouls. They each get two in the first half and who ya gonna call?

Those two MSU guards gonna give them the whatfer.
      anderwt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
      Randle 10
      Andrew H 9
      Aaron H 9
      Poythress 9
      WCS 8
      Dakari 7
      Young 7
      Lee 6

The "quick white team" as Cal called it....(-3).

Darryl
      Darryl , remember, 3 of the guys you talk about on the white team, are freshman who are just not that mature yet when it comes to college basketball. Its better than Sam Long and Brian White...That group will do fine with these 30 point blowouts. They are the least of my concern. I honestly have no concerns as of right now. I would love to see the big guys pass better on the interior, other than that, the performance against NKU was exactly what we needed heading into Tuesday..Plus the main guys sat out the last 6 minutes, so the moaning about the dead legs of our top 7 should no longer be an issue
      Darrell KSR -
      Assimilating these now; will use the "A" to "F" version. Not an exact science, still eyeballing a bit, but thanks to dan_bgblue, Darryl, bigsky, cattails and ukpumacat to make this thing fly.

Still a bit of an "eyeball" test, so I'll convert the 1 to 10 to letter grades. To me that means it is less of a statistical grade (check out Jon's site for excellent numerical/statistical grades). I'll post the final report card below. Just in case, the methodology is a little--but not entirely--like giving a 10 an "A+" mark; a 9, an "A," etc.
      Darrell KSR -
      REPORT CARD: Kentucky v Northern Kentucky

By: dan_bgblue, Darryl, bigsky, cattails and ukpumacat

Attachment 2937

Julius Randle - A
      Alex Poythress - A-
      Andrew Harrison - B+
      Aaron Harrison - B+
      Willie Cauley-Stein - B+
      Dakari Johnson - B
      James Young - B
      Marcus Lee - B-

Did not have enough grades for anyone else, so we'll call it incomplete (2 out of 5). Probably would have been a D if we had one more vote.

Team GPA was high with this report card, 26.33 quality points earned, 3.29 GPA overall.
      cattails -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
      Anthony Davis and Doron Lamb title game But you are right Randle's better at 8.5.

Grades count on Tuesday.
      The reason I say never a 10 is because there is most of the time "better". I have seen very few players that I would think about giving a 10 to. Bill Walton at UCLA, our own Goose Givens, Magic, Larry Bird, Lew Alcindor and Christian Leattner (and of course we know what game that was in)
  • KSR Twitter Feed