Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky v North Carolina KSR member Report Card

By: Bigsky, Darryl, dan_bgblue and uklandrn

Thanks to Bigsky, Darryl, dan_bgblue and uklandrn, we have a collaborative effort for the Kentucky v UNC Asheville Report Card. Any rounding errors are my own, and it is not exact, just eyeballing after writing down each player and what each grade is. Several occasions the grading was unanimous, or nearly so, which made it easy.

Report Card:

Marcus Lee A [4.0]
    Julius Randle A- [3.67]
    Alex Poythress A- (between B+ and A-, teacher gave him a break) [3.67]
    Andrew Harrison: B+ [3.33]
    Aaron Harrison B (unanimous) [3.33]
    Willie Cauley-Stein B [3.33]
    James young B- [2.67]
    Jarrod Polson C (two graded) [2.0]
    Dakari Johnson C- [1.67]

Incomplete
    Jon Hood
    Derek Willis
    Dominique Hawkins

Grading on a 4.00 scale with + grades being +.33 and - grades being -.33, the team GPA for Game # 1 was 3.00.

Solid B for game # 1.

Nice job, KSR folks.
    Comments 33 Comments
      bigsky -
      WCS B
      JR. B
      AP. B+
      AaH. B
      AH. C+
      JY. C+
      DJ. D
      Lee. A
      Darryl -
      Sky, my man....Randle a B????

Darryl
      Darrell KSR -
      Darryl, "fix" his grades!

How about this--several people post, and we'll compile them and average them out, sorta. Just having fun.
      Darryl -
      Starters:

WCS B
      Randle A
      Young B
      Andrew H A-
      Aaron H B

Poythress A-
      Lee B
      Dakari D
      Polson C

Hood, Willis, Hawkins Incompletes

Darryl
      Darrell KSR -
      Thanks...more contributors?
      bigsky -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
      Sky, my man....Randle a B???? Darryl
      Yep. Actually I feel worse for WCS' "B". But "defense" is part of the game. And I gotta leave room for improvement
      dan_bgblue -
      WCS B
      JR. A
      AP. B+
      AaH. B
      AnH. B+
      JY. C+
      DJ. C
      Lee. A
      Hood B
      Polson C
      blueboss -
      Would it be okay to refer to the Harrisons by their jersey numbers
      badrose -
      Where's Spock?
      uklandrn -
      WCS- B+
      JR - A-
      #5 - B+
      #2 - B
      AP - A-
      Lee - A
      JY - B
      DJ - C
      The rest incomplete. My grades are higher than you guys. I guess I am looking at it for what they did now and not what they can become. If I grade on potential - then these grades are lower.
      Crazy4Blue -
      Randell gets a "A" as a typical college player but this wasn't his best game so far I think. His numbers were still great. Awesome awesome player.

Had better numbers than Wiggins and Parker tonight.
      KentuckyWildcat -
      Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
      Where's Spock?
      I thought Spock did those back in the day.
      Bakert -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      Darryl, "fix" his grades!

How about this--several people post, and we'll compile them and average them out, sorta. Just having fun.
      Quick suggestion - if people would do it on a numerical scale, say 1-10, it would be easier to average them and actually come up with an average score rather than having to "eyeball" letter grades.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
      Quick suggestion - if people would do it on a numerical scale, say 1-10, it would be easier to average them and actually come up with an average score rather than having to "eyeball" letter grades.
      That is a good idea, especially since I was planning to sort of assimilate them into an average. And all I was going to do was to "eyeball" it.

Either 1-5 (F to A), or 1 to 10 (10 being best) would work. We'll do that Sunday; great suggestion.
      blueboss -
      Quote Originally Posted by uklandrn View Post
      WCS- B+
      JR - A-
      #5 - B+
      #2 - B
      AP - A-
      Lee - A
      JY - B
      DJ - C
      The rest incomplete. My grades are higher than you guys. I guess I am looking at it for what they did now and not what they can become. If I grade on potential - then these grades are lower.
      Thanks
      Darrell KSR -
      Thanks to Bigsky, Darryl, dan_bgblue and uklandrn, we have a collaborative effort for the Kentucky v UNC Asheville Report Card. Any rounding errors are my own, and it is not exact, just eyeballing after writing down each player and what each grade is. Several occasions the grading was unanimous, or nearly so, which made it easy.

Report Card:

Marcus Lee A
      Julius Randle A-
      Alex Poythress A- (between B+ and A-, teacher gave him a break)
      Andrew Harrison: B+
      Aaron Harrison B (unanimous)
      Willie Cauley-Stein B
      James young B-
      Jarrod Polson C (two graded)
      Dakari Johnson C-

Incomplete
      Jon Hood
      Derek Willis
      Dominique Hawkins

Assigning a standard 4.00 scale, with 3.67 to an A-, 3.33 to a B+, etc., the collective GPA for the team was 3.00. they had 27.01 quality points for 9 graded players tonight.
      bigsky -
      Very fun.
      bigsky -
      Would say that Will Weeks' box score caused my Julius Randle grade to drop.
      Darrell KSR -
      I'm glad to see somebody look at both sides. We fall in love with points, rebounds, assists, etc. and forget, sometimes, that there's another player out there with similar stats to keep track of wearing a different color jersey.

By the way, John Calipari agrees with you. Says that Randle must do more for UK to be successful.
      ukpumacat -
      I'm a little late to the game, but I wouldn't give Randle an A. His numbers were terrific but he honestly didn't play great for him. I would probably give him a B- honestly or even a C+. Average game for him. He will have much, much better games, so I just don't think you can give him an A as he can't get a better grade.
      Mine would look something like this:

WCS B+ - I thought his passing and defense were terrific. Early on he was our best player.
      Randle B- - Will have much, much better games. Average for him.
      Young C+ - I thought his ankle held him back.
      Andrew H A- = LOVE his game.
      Aaron H B- = He and his brother both are just so good with their left hand
      Poythress A- = Terrific job today
      Lee B = Did what he does
      Dakari D = He is going to need to get lighter or more explosive to make it in the league
      Polson C = Gave some good back-up minutes
  • KSR Twitter Feed