Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky Looking Forward to the Second Half

By: LONNY DEMAREE

The teams that are waiting for the Wildcats are seeing them as an appetizing opponent. Conversely the BBN fans are feeling that the toughest part of the schedule is behind them. The tough stretch left UK a bruise and battered team. Coaches have a philosophy that they for the most part want to continue to play without the break – October 10. But in this case the bye week the wildcat had was very welcome. The coach said – “We’re not deep as we need to be mentally or physical as we need to be.” The coach said that getting Bud Dupree back is very important. “I think it is important to have his leadership out there and the versatility in our packages.”

The less than good feeling about the second half of the season comes as a result of this weekend’s results. There were five upsets in the SEC by teams the BBN saw as very possible victories. Not so, now.

The Injury situation seems to have improved the Wildcats on the defensive side of the ball during the bye week. The defense of the Wildcats has made strides as the season has gone along. The Achilles-heel for the team in the uncertainty on the offensive side of the ball has been an issue. Health of throwing arm Maxwell Smith is still in question. Coach Stoops cleared up in this morning’s presser the status Jalen Whitlow. “Jalen is improved,” Stoops said. “Max has been getting all the starting reps. It looks like Jalen or Max will be ready to go. We’ll see how it plays out this week. Prior to the Alabama game the scenarios were flipped in uncertainty.

Alvin “Bud” Dupree has practices every day this week and is expected to play. Fred Tiller came out of the Alabama game hobbled but the off week was good for him to get back on the field. The Wildcats are 0-3 against Mississippi State team coached by Dan Mullen and it will be a test to break that string at Starkville.
    Comments 4 Comments
      MickintheHam -
      Lonnie, thanks for the update on Jalen. Stoops has been very close to the vest relative to who may play QB Thursday night. I'm eagerly anticipating the drive over to Starkville and watching this contest. I expect to be surprised at who starts the game.
      dan_bgblue -
      Mick I think the only way you or I would be surprised would be if it is not one of the two that Lonny mentioned. Otherwise it is a coin flip that would surprise neither of us. Can Timmons play QB?
      jazyd -
      If Max starts we are in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
      Lonnie, thanks for the update on Jalen. Stoops has been very close to the vest relative to who may play QB Thursday night. I'm eagerly anticipating the drive over to Starkville and watching this contest. I expect to be surprised at who starts the game.
      Terry Blue -
      Will be interesting to see, Stoops sounds very upbeat, bet Max has had outstanding practices
  • KSR Twitter Feed