Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Dykes: Young will have "dramatic " affect on Kentucky season

He wasn’t one of the Kentucky freshmen to earn preseason all-Southeastern Conference honors.

He’s not one normally mentioned as a lock to be a lottery pick in June’s NBA draft.

Still, James Young is a player that ESPN analyst Jimmy Dykes thinks will make a big impact for Kentucky this season.

“I think he is a long kid that can cover a lot of ground on one bounce. He is realy hard to guard when he has the ball in his hands. Plus, he can shoot it. You have to guard him,” said Dykes, a former UK assistant coach, during the SEC Media Days here.
    By: LARRY VAUGHT

Freshman teammate Julius Randle was named the preseason player of the year and freshmen Andrew Harrison and Dakari Johnson were named to the preseason all-SEC second team. Yet Dykes thinks Young offers just as much as any of them.

“His length is a problem on the perimeter for teams,” Dykes said. “I think he has gotten better in the last month from what I have heard about knowing how to get fouled and finish plays at the rim through traffic and contact, something he didn’t have to do a lot of in high school.

“I don’t think people outside the Big Blue Nation know much about him, but I think college basketball by the time conference play begins is going to know a lot about James Young and that he’s going to have a dramatic impact on Kentucky’s season.”
    Comments 4 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      Young is the "X" factor this year.
      jazyd -
      Blue has been preaching this since the kid committed
      Padukacat -
      Only kid I saw play defense at the McDonald's game.
      uklandrn -
      Will love it if this guy comes out of no where (nationally that is) and surprises a bunch of people. Every article makes me more and more excited!
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post