Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Tony Barbee on Calipari

By: LARRY VAUGHT

Auburn coach Tony Barbee, who played for Calipari at Massachusetts, is adding eight new players to his team.
    Calipari is adding nine.

“I would like to have his problem of the talent level of newcomers he is incorporating. A little bit easier than my side,” Barbee said.

Barbee also reminded media members that Calipari is more than just a recruiter.

“He is more than a great recruiter. He is a great coach period. Recruiting is just one aspect of it. But he is as good X’s and O’s as he is motivating. He is probably better in those two areas than he is recruiting, and we all know what kind of recruiter he is,” Barbee said.

“I am just glad we only have to play against him one time this year. He is just mad that he has to come down to Auburn again. He tells me he has to come every year.”

Barbee said Calipari likely will continue to sign big classes of talented players, just like any coach would.

“Because at end of the day you are as good as your players. If you have the best players in the country, it is that much easier to coach them,” Barbee said. “The games aren’t won or lost based on preseason polls. It’s how you finish throughout the season. The only opinion that matters is the one inside that locker room from the coaches to the players.

The Auburn coach considers Calipari a mentor.

“He is a guy I lean on a lot. He is not the only one, but the main one,” Barbee said.
    Comments 1 Comment
      Darrell KSR -
      I'm looking forward to going back to Auburn this year. Great arena.
  • KSR Twitter Feed