Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Ole Miss player understands UK hype

By: LARRY VAUGHT

Mississippi guard Jarvis Summers understands the preseason hype over Kentucky.

“I would have to say that they have a lot of great players that just came to Kentucky and they probably deserve all the hype, so we just have to be ready for them,” he said.

He understands the more hype UK gets, the more it could help the SEC and Mississippi.

“I think it is good for the SEC to have that. Kentucky is like one of the best teams in history. They have one of the best teams, best programs to ever play the game of college basketball,” Summers said. “So if they can go out and win games and then when we play them we can beat them, it is good for us and more recognition. We are not scared to play nobody.

Everybody is the same. We just have to play hard and be mentally tough.”

But Summers is a Calipari fan.

“He’s a great coach. Just a workaholic and does what he does best. He has sent a lot of guys to the league (NBA). He’s just a champion. That’s what I think. It’s easy to see why players like to play for him,” Summers said.
  • KSR Twitter Feed