Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Tent City - BBM Campout up to 755 tents now, all-time record

...and growing.

Comments 10 Comments
      CitizenBBN -
      Something like 1,000 people started camping out as early as Sunday across the street just to line up for the camping out. We're camping out for the camp out.
      dan_bgblue -
      This event sure has garnered a lot of national exposure
      suncat05 -
      Only at Kentucky, my friends, only at Kentucky! The only other college basketball fanbase that might even be as close to us in our love of our team(meaning theirs) "might" be Indiana, and I even doubt that..........
      Bakert -
      [QUOTE=Darrell KSR;112946]...and growing.

Not so sure about that. I believe UK put a hold on any additional campers due to their belief that all the tickets would be distributed to those who were already there. Still, for an event that I personally believe to be the most overhyped and practically unwatchable thing associated with UK basketball, this is pretty amazing. In fact, I wonder at what point the communal element of camping out, seeing the players, etc doesn't become more interesting than BBM itself.

I should be clear about something - I've never been to BBM so perhaps it is like hockey in that it's significantly better live than on television. But I watch it every year and am barely able to make it through, even with fast forwarding.
      Darryl -
      [QUOTE=Bakert;113162]
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      ...and growing.

Not so sure about that. I believe UK put a hold on any additional campers due to their belief that all the tickets would be distributed to those who were already there. Still, for an event that I personally believe to be the most overhyped and practically unwatchable thing associated with UK basketball, this is pretty amazing. In fact, I wonder at what point the communal element of camping out, seeing the players, etc doesn't become more interesting than BBM itself.

I should be clear about something - I've never been to BBM so perhaps it is like hockey in that it's significantly better live than on television. But I watch it every year and am barely able to make it through, even with fast forwarding.
      I agree.

I can't stand the dancing intros. I can't stand the women's scrimmage (I know it is politically incorrect..so sue me)

I love the intro video of past highlights and the laser show last year was just awesome.

Darryl
      Darrell KSR -
      It's outstanding in person. No, not every part. But the experience. Excitement level at times will be more than many UK games.

I'm just hoping they resurrect clogging this year.
      UKHistory -
      The event itself is special. I remember in the 1980s when practice was October 15 whether that a Friday or a Tuesday, we went.

We got in line that day and wondered and worried if we would get in--but it was so much fun.

For the campers part of this is about the community experience more so than the team itself. And for some I think it had to more with their own place in history. It was more about them than the team when you come and spend weeks out in front of the Coliseum.

But to be there is special. It is a holiday. It is the Thanksgiving Day parade. It is a celebration before the work begins.

From a basketball experience, the blue white game is much, much better.

Madness is special. I celebrate with cards I send to family and friends wishing them well for a great season. I bring a cake to my office. I used to bring cake after title wins but decided to be more inclusive by celebrating the start of the season when everyone--even my enemies--have a chance to dream big.
      uklandrn -
      Love the cake and card idea UKHISTORY! Think I may do the same thing for my Med Center colleagues here at the University of Washington! Talk about the least knowledgeable group of people in the country! Yep - I work with em! I almost got in a fist fight with a chief resident about basketball last spring. He hated UK because Terrence Jones decided to go to UK instead of UW. I had to laugh at him because he thought the two schools were comparable! I had to explain to him that 5 star recruits usually prefer to go to schools they have a chance of winning a National Championship - and UW was not in that category nor would they ever be.
  • KSR Twitter Feed