PDA

View Full Version : Any Nashville area recommendations for body shop work?

Darrell KSR
06-18-2013, 12:39 PM
Daughter (may) be paying this out of her own pocket. It's her 4th accident in 2+ years. She avoided Bambi, but in doing so, caught a guard rail. (There's always a story).

Body shop did not think there was much damage when she brought it in, said maybe $1500 (which is her deductible, anyway). I called them today and they have increased it to $4400.

She needs the car safe, but cosmetically, it won't bother her too much if a stray dent here or there isn't replaced.

Any recommendations? She's at a chain place now; they probably do good work, but not sure that they can do the shade tree body shop kinda stuff I'd like to see happen.

CitizenBBN
06-18-2013, 12:52 PM
Deer make me very nervous. Huge unknown out there on the roads. Sounds like she's all OK though and that's all that really matters. Sounds like "her own pocket" may be a good way to get that batting average down though, or at least spring for 3/16" steel sheet tacked to the frame instead of regular body panels.

Darrell KSR
06-18-2013, 01:27 PM
Well, less than a year ago, she paid for a $1500 deductible out of her own pocket, too, so this will be $3k out of her pocket in a year. That's a bite.

I am inquiring right now for commercial grade bubble wrap for cars. She's a great girl, but goodness gracious, her driving....

CitizenBBN
06-18-2013, 01:45 PM
Mythbusters had good results against basic dents and dings with spray on bed liner. It's very resistant to explosions as well, in case she works with dynamite much.

Catonahottinroof
06-18-2013, 06:15 PM
Which side of town Darrell? I know the landscape pretty well there.

Or better yet, which chain and location?

Darrell KSR
06-18-2013, 07:11 PM
Which side of town Darrell? I know the landscape pretty well there.

Or better yet, which chain and location?

Think she took it to Auto Body, now bought out by Service King, in Antioch. Not sure if that is close to where she lives now, or if that is closer to where she used to live. She is not far from downtown now.

dan_bgblue
06-18-2013, 07:18 PM
Did she by any chance send you a picture of the damage?

Darrell KSR
06-18-2013, 07:28 PM
Did she by any chance send you a picture of the damage?

She did not. Kids take pictures of everything with their phones. Except that.

Catonahottinroof
06-18-2013, 07:29 PM
The fixed op manager of that facility is Brian Watson. Do you just want to get it roadworthy?

Darrell KSR
06-18-2013, 07:33 PM
The fixed op manager of that facility is Brian Watson. Do you just want to get it roadworthy?

Yup, unless it will exceed a certain price. If it does, we will just have it fixed up, pay the deductible, and bite the bullet on insurance in October. My preference would be to make it roadworthy and save her money and the insurance hit.

Catonahottinroof
06-18-2013, 07:36 PM
I'll check into it tomorrow for you if you like.

Darrell KSR
06-18-2013, 07:38 PM
I'll check into it tomorrow for you if you like.

My daughter and I would appreciate it if it isn't too much trouble.

Catonahottinroof
06-18-2013, 07:55 PM
PM a few details to me, her name, vehicle make, way to get in touch with you.

Darrell KSR
06-18-2013, 08:04 PM
PM a few details to me, her name, vehicle make, way to get in touch with you.

Done, thanks again.