PDA

View Full Version : You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means

CitizenBBN
06-17-2013, 07:12 PM
Obama calls the NSA data mining and the top secret FISA court "transparent."

"It is transparent," Obama told PBS's Charlie Rose in an interview to be broadcast Monday. "That's why we set up the FISA court," ... The location of FISA courts is secret. The sessions are closed. The orders that result from hearings in which only government lawyers are present are classified.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/17/obama-calls-nsa-secret-data-gathering-transparent-in-pbs-interview/#ixzz2WWQZdrAa

You can't make up that level of hubris and/or denial. Outside the NSA maybe a few dozen or so people out of 350 million even know about FISA applications and decisions, but that's "transparent". So I shouldn't worry b/c Diane Feinstein (chair of Senate Intelligence Committee and thus one of the few non-NSA people who knew about it) knew and she is watching out for me. Why would I possibly worry since a lady who has said flat out she'd confiscate every gun in America if she could get 51 votes for it in the Senate is looking out for my Constitutional rights?

CitizenBBN
06-17-2013, 07:15 PM
PS - at least the old Cardassian Empire trials had the good taste to disclose the charges to the defendant once the verdict was reached. With FISA we don't even know there was a trial at all, even when we're the ones on trial. But there are some people who know, so it's all transparent. Wow.

KeithKSR
06-17-2013, 10:36 PM
What Obama calls transparent I refer to as obtusely opaque.