PDA

View Full Version : Stopping the Over the Border Flow of Weapons to Mexico

dan_bgblue
05-31-2013, 12:18 PM
Well at lest that is the reason given and it garnered support from a US Appeals Court Panel (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/31/appeals-court-upholds-rifle-sales-reporting-requirement/?test=latestnews)

CitizenBBN
05-31-2013, 07:39 PM
It'll go to SCOTUS, who I think will overturn it but I'm not sure. The answer is you don't solve border control by asking for more invasion of privacy of American citizens. you simply fix the border enforcement.

This doesn't seem important now, but even though the Senate will reject the UN Small Arms Treaty it will be used as justification for gun control in the US, just as in this case. Feintstein had her Assault weapons ban all typed up based on the Mexican gun "problem" prior to these shootings giving her what she thought was a better political chance. With that angle having failed, they'll go back to keeping guns out of the hands of the MExican drug cartels, even if they have to supply them themselves to do it.

I'm hoping SCOTUS will say you cannot infringe the 2nd Amendment b/c of a failure to deal with foreign issues like border security. I don't know if they'll take the case and go that far on this though b/c it's not a big enough requirement to set up the test case. If the form requirement itself isn't unconstitutional, there is one for handguns nationwide, then it may not be the test case needed to address that issue. They may rule you can't do it in just border states and not apply it to either everyone or no one, another issue I have with the current situation.